Chapter 11

The young man groans of frustration. The fanfiction he was reading by this random Lara-named girl ended abruptly with Everyone ending up with their perfect match.

Why did it have to end? What will he do with his life now?

He thinks about the story for a moment and realizes that it's very similar to his life.

Alfie and Zoë are engaged, Joe and Caspar are engaged, Hartbig is real and Troyler is at least a bit more canon. They haven't exactly announced it yet but it's obvious by the way they act together. Jim and Tanya are happily wed still.

All his friends are happy and love life and he tries to keep up with them. But it's hard. Nearly impossible for him.

Even though he is usually all smiles he suddenly can't find a single reason to smile. He is feeling sad and lonely and all he wants is someone to hold, someone to cuddle with. But that someone is out of his reach.

But, because there always has to be something sad, Niomi and Marcus has broken up even though in the fic they were still together.

But he is alone.

Everyone else is in a happy relationship or happy being single and he is neither. Why can't he have happiness like his equivalent in the fic? He got an awesome happy ending, maybe the best one in the fic. But the real version of him still has nothing.

The one he wants is so close but so far.

And his roommate, the younger boy suspects that he has a relationship over the internet.

How can his roommate be so stupid? Does he know nothing?

Apparently this is what his life is meant to be like and he doesn't want it to go this way. He can't help but cry.

Seconds later his roommate bursts in through the door with a concerned look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asks. "What happened?"

The older boy considers telling about reading fanfiction but he doesn't know if he dares to. He decides it doesn't matter. His roommate is his best friend and would never laugh at him.

"This fanfiction I read ended. And everyone got such a happy ending but in the real world I'm so alone." He tries to muffle his cries by covering his face with a pillow.

"I know that feeling." The younger man sits down on the bed.

They end up talking the entire night and falling asleep next to each other, cuddling.

AN:

Is this going too fast towards the end? I'm afraid it is but I'm not sure so could you, dear reader, please tell me?

Thanks for reading and maybe vote or comment? Ily!<3

~ Stella