poe dameron catch up

after some thought, i have decided to add poe to these preferences! just a quick warning: my info in these prefs may not be correct, but i have tried my best.

your taylor swift song:
Your song is Ours. No matter what people say, you and Poe are in love. Whatever happens, you will always protect each other.

So don't you worry your pretty little mind,
people throw rocks at things that shine

he catches you singing:
Sighing, you plugged in your phone to the charger and scrolled through your music. You'd had a rough day, testing your fighter and fixing it. Finally, you chose to listen to Shake It Off. The intro started, and you started dancing.

"I stay out too late!" You rocked your head to the beat. "Got nothin' in my brain!" You pointed at your head. "That's what people say, mm-hmm. That's what people say, mm-hmm."

Without you noticing, Poe had arrived home and was trying to suppress his laughter at the sight of you dancing in the kitchen.

"I go on too many dates-" You giggled- "but I can't make them stay. At least, that's what people say, mm-hmm. That's what people say, mm-hmm. But I keep cruisin', can't stop, won't stop, movin'. It's like I got this music, in my mind sayin' it's gonna be alright!" You clapped twice, jutting out your hip.

Poe couldn't stop his laughter any longer, and he fell to the floor. You turned around upon hearing the noises of happiness, and blushed bright red. He was still rolling around when you had stopped the music. It was only when you ran to your bedroom, hands covering your face in embarrassment, that Poe stopped. He frowned, and followed after you.

"Go away, Poe." You mumbled from your position on the bed. Your knees were against your chest, arms wrapped around them and your head facing the wall.

"No, baby, I'm sorry." He walked over and sat next to you on the bed, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and pulling you closer. You sighed, leaning your head on his shoulder and letting your arms circle around his waist.

"Nice dance moves, by the way."

"Poe!"

he yells at you:
"y/n, where were you?" Poe asked once you had walked through the door.

"Poe, I only just came home. Let me breathe for a second, okay?" You laughed lightly, shrugging of your jacket and hanging it on the hook. Your heels were killing you, so you kicked them off.

"No, I need to know. Where. Were. You." Poe started getting annoyed that you weren't answering his question.

"Okay relax, I'll tell you. I was at a meeting, okay? For the Resistance. General Leia wanted to make sure that we were prepared for the next mission." You smiled.

"That's not what you were doing. You were hanging out with Han." He snarled at the mention of his name.

"Whoa, where is all of this coming from?" You were shocked that he was mad. Couldn't you hang out with someone other than Poe? Was that was this was about?

"I saw you today. With him."

"Yes, I was hanging out with him, but I did have a meeting! Why don't you trust me?" You were getting annoyed.

"Because you're hanging out with people without my permission!" He yelled.

"You don't control me, Poe! I can hang out with whoever I want!" You retaliated.

"No, you can't! I'm your boyfriend and I decide who you're with!"

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. "Well, you're not going to be my boyfriend any longer if I'm being treated this way! Can't someone hang out with their own father, whom they haven't seen in weeks!" You screamed, running up to your room.