[10]

(Travis' POV)

I stared at Katelyn as her eyes got wider, looking out the window. It made me so happy to see her like this. It shows her gentle side that she normally never shows.

"Katelyn, can I sit next to you?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure, whatever...." Katelyn responded. I don't think she even knew what I asked.

I chuckled and stood up and walked to the seat. "Katelyn." I said "Can I kiss you?"

"Sure, go ahead.....Oh! I can see my h-" She turned to look at me excited but that was when I decided to kiss her.

Her eyes widened but then they closed. I kissed her for five seconds before she kicked me in the stomach.

"Ayyooooowwww!!!!!" I fell to the ground holding my stomach in pain and Katelyn glared at me.

"Why did you do that!?" She yelled.

"You said I could....." I wined and slowly stood up, limping back to my seat.

"When did I say you could just kiss me?" Katelyn asked confused.

"It was when you were staring out the window in awe." I answered back.

"What!? Well I wasn't listening so I was just agreeing to anything!" Katelyn's cheeks turned pink and I smiled again.

"Well at least I asked first." I mumbled and then Katelyn stood up.

I thought she was going to punch me again so I put my hands up in defense but then she sat next to me and laid her head on my lap.

"Uhh.....is everything okay Katelyn?" I asked and she looked sick.

"I was so excited.......but now I feel sick.....I get sick when I'm on boats......and things really high in the air....." Katelyn mumbled and I kissed her forehead and gently ran my fingers through her hair.

"It's okay. Just relax right now okay? We have ten more minutes before the ride is over." I said trying to make her feel better.

Katelyn nodded and closed her eyes. After a few minutes, I could hear soft breathing coming from her. She had fallen asleep.

Our cart stopped and the door opened. I carefully picked up Katelyn and left the carnival. I was hoping we could watch the fireworks but it was getting too cold.

As I walked out to the car, Katelyn started shivering. I carefully took off my jacket and wrapped her up in it. She snuggled into the jacket which made me laugh.

"I love you Katelyn." I whispered and lightly kissed her forehead once more before putting her in the car and driving home.

NEXT DAY

(Katelyn's POV)

My head ached as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around me and saw I was in my room and......Travis was sleeping on the floor. I sat up and was careful not to step on him.

"Travis?" I nudged him with my foot and he groaned and rolled over.

"Hmm......Five more minutes...." Travis mumbled and I smiled.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him onto my bed and tucked him in.

"Sleep good." I whispered and kissed his forehead.