the beginning of the end

I hadn't heard from Cody in 11 months. I had roughly 35 days left. I think. I sorta stopped counting. The boys tried to help, they even found lilith but she kind of shit on them. I begged them to stop trying.

"Dean! Come in here please!" I shouted from inside my room. His broad figure appeared in the doorway.

He walked in rubbing his eyes, he had obviously just woke up as well.

He leaned down like he was going to kiss me, we do that a lot now. When he was almost to my face, he fell on the bed and pretend-snored. "You're such a tease!" I giggled, poking him in the cheek.

"You know you love it," he laughed along with me and I kissed his cheek before we both got up. I grabbed a change of clothes and threw them on. I pulled my hair into a loose bun and walked out.

Sam was sat in a chair reading a book with a bright blue cover. I stood behind him and read the page, it sounded boring. He looked up at me and smiled, "morning sleepyhead."

"Oh shush," I shot back. Dean walked into the kitchen to make breakfast leaving Sam and I alone. "Okay mr, spill you were up before 8. Are you sleeping?"

"Yeah, I'm sleeping just fine, guess I'm just getting up earlier now," he said with a fake smile.

"Sam,"

"Really, Jordan I'm sleeping!"

"Then why did I see you pacing the hall at 4 am?"

"I woke up," he put the book down on the table.

I looked down at his hands, they had little scrapes on them like he had punched the wall. I reached out and touched them, making eye contact with him. "Nightmares again?" he nodded and looked down. "About what?"

"I've been counting... And you have 34 days left," he said. Huh, I could have sworn it was 35.

"Sam, I'll be okay," I saw his jaw clench tight. I pushed his chin up with two fingers urging him to look at me.

"I just- I- I don't know if I can handle you being... Gone,"

"Sam I'll be okay. If anything I'll come back and haunt your asses," I said, making him chuckle. I gave him a hug and walked into the kitchen to check on the food. I put my hands on dean's back under his shirt, my hands were always ice. He turned around to face me and leaned his head down, resting his forehead on mine. I smiled.

"Jordan," he breathed. I could tell something was off with him, but I wasn't sure what.

Something clicked and he turned around to take the eggs off the stove, not saying another word.

After we ate, I went for a walk with Dean.

"What was that in there?" I asked.

He kept looking forward, "nothing?"

"No, I think that was something. What's wrong?"

"How can Cody be so selfish? His sister- she gave up everything for him and he couldn't even stick around to thank her?" as he spoke he became more angry, "because of him I have to lose you now too and I can't- Jordan I can't lose you," he choked out the last part.

"Hey, look at me, okay?" we stopped walking. "I'm going to be right here," I put a hand over his heart, and his hand overlapped mine. He kissed me, with a simplicity that I had never felt. There was no hunger, no passion in it. It felt like simple love.

~~~~~~~~

Hello! I'm sorry it's so short, it's mostly just a filler chapter. I'm sorry to say that this book will be ending soon, I believe I only have two chapters left. Thank you to all who have been here with me since the beginning and through all of my terrible updating speed. I love you guys to death.

Comment, show some love! Predict what you think is going to happen!