Chapter 1

Leaning against the doorway separating the family room and kitchen, Gibbs watched Tim play with one of the new educational toys he'd picked up the other day. It had been a few days since he'd discovered Tim's brain had been wiped of knowledge, although the youngster still appeared to remember the people in his life. Ducky had reconfirmed his suspicions after an examination and series of questions, many of which Tim would respond to by giving a blank stare. No one knew why the drug affected Tim differently than it had Grey's previous victims; perhaps it was the fact he was given a double dose or subconsciously he wanted a chance to grow up knowing what it would be like to have a loving and doting father.

Gibbs was scheduled to return to work tomorrow; adamant that Tim have a safe place to stay while he was working, he convinced Vance to allocate enough money to construct a daycare aboard the Yard. By using previously existing spaces, they were able to set it up fairly quickly. Following a new paint job, carpeting and other furnishings it was ready for its grand opening. Other agents were allowed to bring their children for a fraction of the cost of what they would pay at a regular daycare. After conducting thorough interviews, which Tony joked were more like interrogations along with background checks and the candidates overall experience, Gibbs and Vance made the final decisions.

Because of the intermittent hours of the agency, there was always someone scheduled for evening, weekend and overnight shifts as well as during the day. Gibbs was relieved because he knew Tim would be in a safe place and could visit him throughout the day. He wasn't the only parent who was happy with the new arrangements. The workers had been abuzz with the reality of a daycare aboard the Yard, a perk they had been asking about for quite some time.

Taking a swig of beer, he returned to the kitchen to check on the lasagna baking in the oven. Since Tim's transformation, the team had been meeting for Sunday dinner at Gibbs' house. Each of them would bring a side dish and Gibbs was happy to show off his new cooking skills that had been improving over the last three weeks. With a toddler in the house, he needed to make sure Tim had three meals a day whereas when it was only him, he would normally stop and get take out or allow coffee to sustain him. Times were changing; he'd barely worked on his boat and if he did, it was normally after Tim went to bed. Now he was content with watching movies, building castles and reading books with his little boy. He was happy to be a dad again and nothing or nobody was going to take his little boy away from him.

As he put the garlic bread in the oven there was a knock on the door. Walking into the family room he gathered Tim in his arms and headed to the door.

"Toey?" Tim mumbled around the thumb in his mouth.

Gibbs chuckled; Tony and Tim had become closer since Tim's return to childhood. It warmed his heart to see his two boys together and the unbreakable bond they had created. Tim had even let Tony change his diaper on the occasions when Gibbs had been too busy. The first few times, supervised by Gibbs, had definitely been a learning experience, but now it was second nature for the man who was once frightened of children. Gibbs patted his back and adjusted him in his arms, "I don't know, sweetie. Tony is supposed to be here tonight, but we'll have to see if this is him or not."

Tim lay his head down on Gibbs' shoulder as the older man unlocked the door and opened it.

"Timmy!" Abby squealed throwing her arms around the pair.

Although Tim was more comfortable around Abby, he was still hesitant when she became too excited. Feeling his boy tense up and snuggle closer, Gibbs took a step back and motioned with his hand for her to settle down.

"Sorry," she whispered, removing her coat and hat and continuing, "I just love being around this little cutie."

Ducky was a few steps behind and entered with his hands full. "Abigail, if you don't mind taking these?" He asked, handing over the bags before shedding his hat, coat and gloves. "It's mighty chilly out there tonight. I'm certainly ready for spring time!"