Chapter 12

Gibbs awakened early the next morning feeling refreshed and anxious to get on the road to Stillwater. Last night after he'd put Timmy to bed he'd talked with Jack regarding his visit. The older man was surprised yet happy Gibbs planned on visiting and was eager to spend time with his son. Carefully extracting himself from Timmy's grip he padded into the bathroom and started the shower. He was grateful Tim appeared to be sleeping better, but wondered how he would do at stranger's house.

After he showered and quickly packed his toiletries he stuck his head outside the door to check on Tim. Gibbs chuckled lightly when he saw the youngster was sleeping on his tummy with his knees tucked underneath him and his butt in the air. Grabbing his camera off the dresser he snapped a few pictures wanting to capture the moment forever. It wouldn't be too long before Tim started growing up and it was important to have nice memories for the both of them. He was glad he'd packed most of their clothing and supplies yesterday so they could leave with minimal fuss. Staring at the large suitcase jammed full of clothes for only a few days he was reminded once again that he was a father and no longer a single man. He smiled at that thought and finished dressing. Following a lengthy search through his closet he found an old Military Sea Bag from his time in the Corps and packed Timmy's essentials such as toys, diapers, wipes and anything they might need. Quietly carrying the bags downstairs to the front door he was met by a loud bark from Jethro.

"Shh!" He admonished the dog; afraid the bark would wake his sleeping baby. Jethro whined briefly and headed toward the back door eager to take care of business. After letting the dog outside, he sipped on a fresh cup of coffee while preparing breakfast. When he'd phoned the others last night after the adoption papers were signed and mentioned the trip to Stillwater, Abby graciously agreed to keep Jethro for the weekend. Gibbs figured his father probably wouldn't have minded, but Timmy was already a handful and it gave him one less being to keep track of. Once the dog was back inside enjoying breakfast and a small cooler was packed with snacks and bottles of milk, Gibbs felt it was time to wake Tim. Trudging back upstairs he was unhappy of the prospect of waking his little guy because he needed sleep, but it was close to the time he wanted to leave and assumed he could sleep in the car. Walking into the bedroom he was relieved to find the toddler stretching; bleary eyed and his hair a disheveled mess.

"Hey sweetie, did you sleep well?" Gibbs asked, sitting down on the bed and running his hand through Tim's curls.

Timmy nodded and stretched one arm over his head. Gibbs took that as an opportunity to lightly tickle his armpit causing a squeal to escape the toddler's mouth. "I've got a surprise for you this morning, kiddo. We're going to Stillwater so you can meet Grandpa Jack!"

Eyes widening, Tim shook his head and concealed his face against Gibbs' lap. Gently stroking the baby's back, Gibbs tried to reassure him, "It's going to be so much fun! Daddy will be with you the entire time so you have nothing to worry about. I know Grandpa Jack is going to be so excited to meet you!" Continuing words of encouragement he gathered Tim in his arms and placed him on the changing table. Stripping the toddler out of his sleeper he leaned down and blew raspberries on Timmy's tummy hoping to ease some of his anxiety. Tim giggled hysterically as Gibbs' lips came in contact with his soft, delicate skin. Squirming, squealing and flaying his legs in delight, Tim relished in the attention from his Daddy and soon was working hard to catch his breath.

"Da...da...n...no..." Timmy gasped in between breaths attempting to push Gibbs away from him.

"No what?" The older man teased giving one final blow to his son's belly.

"Siwwy Dada!"

"Silly Dada? I'll show you silly Dada!" Gibbs laughed and pretended that he was going to continue his assault on Timmy's tummy.