Chapter Nineteen - Docters

Fiorella's POV

I open my eyes, squinting around the room. Blood pounds in my ears, blocking out the other sounds in the room. I lean out of the bed, stopping suddenly when a sharp pain runs up through my arm.

I whimper, retracting my body from the edge of the bed. A door swings shut, sealing with a soft thud and Raphael enters. His footsteps echo around the stark white room. He walks closer to me with his hands held palm out. My heart rate spikes, sending the machine attached to me nuts.

"Calm down, Fury. Its ok, I'm not going to hurt you" he whispers, a husky tone in his usually smooth voice.

"nonononono! No! NO! NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" I scream clutching my ears, my heart rate continuing to increase. His footsteps only slow instead of stopping, as I wish they would. I shuffle backward, pressing my back hard against the wall. Clenching my teeth through the pain of moving.

I lift my hand warding him off, palm facing out towards him. He hesitates before taking one more step closer.

"Fury, sweetie please I'm so sorry, so so sorry." He says in a choked whisper, tears streaming down his cheeks. A loud screeching alarm wails through the room. At that moment a doctor bursts through the door, carrying an armful of stuff.

I scream, throwing my arms up as my bones morph and shift. A low snarl building deep in my throat. The doctor skids to a halt, panting loudly.

"Luna, you need to calm down before you pass out" the man pleads, arms held rigidly to his sides and his fists clenched in tight balls.

One last half- hearted growl rumbled from my chest as a woozy sensation takes over my mind and I crumble into a pile on the cold tiles.

***

"Stressed ..." sentences break their way through the hazy maze in my mind. "Possibly has PTSD"

PTSD rolls through my mind sending alarm bells through my mind, rousing me from the last of the hazy walls, only to thrust me into a new chaotic pandemonium.

I grumble incoherently, blinking my eyes repeatedly to adjust. The room goes dead silent, as in so silent that you could hear a pin drop.

A wall of people in white, standing with their arms crossed, is the first sight I catch when my eyes can finally focus. "err..." I mumble out my heart crashing against my rib cage.

One of the many people in white rushes forward a concerned frown plastered on. "Luna, Luna it's ok" she calls failing to hide a malicious smile.

A shrill noise escapes me as my heart stutters. Pausing before resuming its barrage on my ribs. Her face drops, her lips drooping down along with her shoulders, realizing her mistake.

She whispers a final, half-hearted "Its ok" and backs away from me. A harsh scowl hid from the others. I watched her warily as she returned to the wall of doctors.

Glaring into each of their eyes as they hesitate, I hold my breath. Butterflies swarming in my stomach as I wait for them to leave me alone. Hoping that they go before my walls cracks and crumble.

Tears well in my eyes and I tilt my head, a curtain of hair falling to cover my eyes from view. They leave one by one, arms limp at their sides. Filing out in a single winding snake-like line.

Everything crumbles and tears pour from my eyes. "What went wrong?" I whimper, rocking back and forth on the edge of the bed.

****

I lay there for hours on end, tears slowing to a trickle as the time went by without anyone walking into the room until I fell back asleep, completely exhausted and spent.

********************************

Enjoy xx

Dont forget to Vote, Comment and Share