8

Hey Guys I don't know if you noticed but I entered this book for the #Wattys2016 in the writer's debut category. So like when you guys are reading just please vote or mention it on your twitter with Hashtag Wattys2016. I would really really appreciate it. Thank you guys for reading:)

Nick's POV

It has been a month since school started and I am already so damn tired. Sometimes I wish I could go home like Alex but I know more than anyone else that it isn't a good idea. I just have lunch with my dad once in a while. I have been seeing Kate for almost three weeks now. It's a different experience. I never thought I would ever have a girlfriend who I actually tried to be loyal to but hey, things change. At first I didn't think I could ever find anything in common with her besides sex, but she is a very intelligent girl. She makes me want to read. How insane is that? My own mother admits she could never get me to read more than a single page of a book, and now, here I am, lying on the couch reading Gone with the wind. What's more ridiculous is its size. I mean this book is probably a thousand pages long. One would argue that as a med student I am supposed to be a reader but I don't think so. Med school books are a need to read if you are in school and every other book just isn't.

"Do we have an assignment that I don't know about?" Alex asks me as he walks into the lounge, in his boxers as per usual.

"High time you got yourself some pants man." I mutter back.

"Why? Is Miss Katy Kate around?" he asks as he settles on the couch next to mine.

"No, but I think I have seen enough."

"Enough is not what you have seen bro." He laughs. "Seriously what's with the huge book," he asks gesturing to the book in my hands.

"Katy said it's her favourite book so I thought I would try it then we could discuss it, you wouldn't understand." I say dismissively.

Alexander laughs again. Harder this time and I am not surprised.

"So you really like her?" He asks after he has stopped laughing.

"Well I know I like her, I can't really say how much but I know she's made me want to be exclusive you know. I was starting to get really tired of chasing around girls, it just got so tiring, and she just came along. She has this innocence to her." I tell him honestly as I lay down the book on the side table and sit up.

Alex is quiet for a while.
"Yeah, I think I know what you mean." He eventually says.

I look at him questioningly. "Got anyone? Come to think of it you haven't been going out that much lately." I ask him.

He shakes his head but I know he is lying. I have been bestfriends with Alex for the past ten years and I know when he is lying. I also know that when he wants to talk about something he will talk. I just shrug and then get up to shower before I go out.

"Do you want to go out with us tonight?" I ask Alexander before I leave the room.

He gives me a disgusted look. "Why would I want to be a third wheel?" He asks me.

"Ey I'm just being nice." I say raising my hands. "On that note. What do you think I should do for her for her birthday?"

He shrugs non-committedly. "What do first years do for fun nowadays?" He asks. "Nick why out of all years did you have to go and get hooked to a first year?" He asks me and actually looks like he expects an answer from me.
"Uhm...?"

"Ask her friends or something." He says after he sees I am not going to answer his stupid question.

"I haven't really met any of them."