22

Kris POV

"You look happy," a voice says from behind me.

I turn around with the bag of ice blocks in my hand to see Nick leaning on the kitchen door.

"I am," I tell him.

"I'm really sorry Kris," he says walking over to help me pour some ice into the champagne can I have on the table. I am in Nick and Alex's apartment, two weeks after Dave got arrested.

"Sorry for what?" I ask him a bit confused.

"For telling Alex not to come and look for you when you left, and not giving you the benefit of doubt when you have been nothing but nice to me," he says.

"You told him that?" I laugh, "Well he should have listened to you. Don't worry," I tell him, "I know you were just looking out for your best friend."

I pick up the can and head start making my way out of the kitchen.

"But it's not that," he says after me, "I really wanted you gone."

At that I turn around to find him looking guiltily at me.

"You wanted me gone?" I ask him confused again.

"Yeah, but not because you are not good for him, no I think you are great for him. It was more of a selfish reason."

"What? You wanted it to be you instead of him who called me their girlfriend?" I tease.

He laughs and seems to relax a little bit.

"You wish. Actually it was because you remind me a lot of my sister," he says running his right hand along the back of his neck.

"Really? I'd love to meet her! But why did it bother you?" I ask him.

"She's dead," he says quietly, "and when I realized you reminded me of her it became hard for me to be around you because I have avoided anything and anyone that reminds me of her, including my mother." He states.

"I'm so sorry, I know, trust me, I know that's not enough but I'm really sorry. I didn't know."

"It's okay," he gives me a small smile, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"It's okay Nick," I move over to him and give him a half hug. "You should see your mother before it's too late," I tell him when I let him go and he gives me a nod.

"Well that's all. You should go before Alex starts thinking there is something going on in here," he winks at me.

"So you do wish I was your girlfriend," I laugh.

"Kate's enough thank you very much. Oh by the way, a girl named Rose dropped off a cheque here and said I should tell you that she is sorry," he tells me before I leave. I nod and walk over to Alex's room thinking Rose should have just cashed in the cheque because I couldn't possibly care any less.

Alex's POV

"What are we celebrating again?" I ask Kris as she takes a sit on my bed.

"My awesomeness of course," she smiles.

"Yeah right," I roll my eyes.

"Offended!" She exclaims placing her hand on her heart.

"Okay fine you are amazing," I tell her. And she really is.

"Thank you Alex."

"You are welcome," I laugh.

"No, I mean thank you for following me and for caring enough to stand up for me. I really appreciate that," she says.

"Again, you are welcome." I say.

"I know I already agreed to be your girlfriend but I really want to tell you that I would like for us to really try. I can't imagine being with anyone else but you and the fact that we haven't had sex yet makes me believe that you are worth a lot to me. That and the fact that I love you," she says moving closer to me.

I sit up and pull her over to sit between my legs.

"I love you too Kris Wayward," I say to her as I kiss the side of her neck.

When I met her I definitely did not think she would be the girl who got me to be celibate for the longest time ever since I was sixteen. I did not think she would ever agree to attend church with me and I did not think I could love her as much as I do. She has shown me that humans are special and need to be loved and cared for, for them to realise how much they are worth and she's worth more than a million diamonds and a million galaxies. She is mine and I couldn't be any happier.