Epilogue

My dear granddaughter Kris

I am pretty sure you have cursed and damned me to hell a couple of hundred times since my will was read to you and since you read the letter I first wrote you. I am also pretty sure you feel bad now but you shouldn't, I deserved it for not letting you in on the plan. The shares that I left to Dave are going to depreciate in value and by the time he gets out of jail they will be worth nothing because there are some laws that are binding them from being invested in or gaining in value. It's a small price to pay for your freedom Kris and one that I more than just willingly paid.

I know you did not want to report him because you feared a lot of things and those fears might have stopped you but they didn't stop me. If you are reading this letter it means he is behind bars and it makes me happy that he is being punished for ruining your childhood. I hope there is a big smile on your lips right now and above all I hope you are happy. You should know that I have always seen you as more of a daughter than a grandchild because even though your dad turned out to be not so much of a son to be proud of, he gave me you, my greatest pride and joy. I love you Kris and I am asking you, as my last wish I much say, that you take the world by storm because you are a force to be reckoned with.

Your loving grandpa

Wayne Wayward

I smile as I fold the letter and put it in my handbag. I carry it around everywhere I go, to remind me that I am loved. I am moving out of this huge house that has been my home for the past four years and it makes me so happy. I found a nice apartment that is close to Alex's place and I put this house up for sale. After all I have been through these past five years I feel like I am finally coming up for air and it feels so good!!!