9

Kris' POV

Alex has this whole projector thingy setup in his room and it's kinda cool. His bed is stacked with really comfortable pillows and on top of the small blanket he gave me he also lent me his hoodie which I thought was very sweet of him. Before he started the movie he made us coffee with marshmallows and somehow I liked the change from partying or drinking my brains out on a Friday night. The movie is about to end and I am pretty sure I have tears flowing down my face. I am trying to figure out how I am going to get out of this room without my tears showing, I am a bit out of my depth here.

The movie ends and I find myself bursting into a full on sob session. Me before you is probably the most beautiful movie I have ever watched, and the most heart breaking.

"Hey, come here." Alex says as he opens his arms to me. I don't hesitate, I sit on his lap and let him hug me as I cry just like a little baby. I cry for a while and for a lot of different reasons and he just sits there and runs his hand up and down my back. When the tears eventually subside I feel so embarrassed and I am thankful the room is dimly lit so he can't really see my face.

"Feeling better now?" he asks me as I awkwardly move from his laps to where I was sitting before, beside him.

I nod my head and laugh a little. "It was just really sad." I tell him.

"It was much more sad watching you cry." He says softly. I don't know what to say to him but I force myself to look at him. We are both quiet for a while.

"I'm sorry," I eventually say.

"For what?" He asks me as he hands me some Kleenex to wipe my face.

"Crying like that. I think it's just been a while."

"Hmmm," he cocks his head to the side, "I think it's been about three weeks." He reminds me.

I find myself laughing. "Well then you must be the problem because before that it had been a while."

"How long exactly?" He asks me looking at me curiously.

"Five years and some months." I say and I can't help the shudder that runs down my body.

"Let me guess, a stupid boy broke your heart?" He asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, something like that." I say with a shaky voice.

"Well boys are really stupid," he says playfully. "Tell me what you loved about the movie and who your favourite character was and why." He asks me out of the blue.

I look at him questioningly. "Do you own a movie club or something?"

"If I could I would, now tell me."

"You first." I tell him.

"But I came up with the whole thing," he says in an insanely whiny voice.

"And I am telling you to go first Alexander." I say to him in a stern tone.

"Such a bully!" he exclaims as he clutches his heart in mock pain.

I roll my eyes, cross my arms and wait for him to speak. After a few minutes he gives up and tells me.

"Well obviously my favourite character was Lou. She is a very cheerful person, like me, she sees the brighter side of life and is always willing to help. I loved the movie because it wasn't a fairy tale. No doctor magically found a way to help Will and he died. Things like that happen in real life, it was a bitter sweet ending but the movie was much more relatable." He smiles at me when he finishes. "Your turn," he smirks as he gestures to me.

"I disagree with you completely. I wanted it to end with him being better. I barely watch movies and when I do I like to watch fairy tales. Will was supposed to live and get better and get married to Lou. That's how it was supposed to end. Movies are supposed to make you feel better not make you feel like your life has no happy ending." I look up at him and he urges me to go on. "Well between Lou and Will I can't choose who my favourite was. It is a tie solely because I related to both of them. I used to be happy like Lou, I used to be so positive and now, even though I don't admit it often maybe because I still have a little bit of Lou inside me, I feel like Will. Even though i think the movie should have ended happily not bitter-sweet as you put it, I really understand Wills decision. I understand how he feels and that ultimately made it the best movie I have ever watched." I eventually finish. Taking in a deep breath I chuckle softly. "Sorry, I just had a lot to say," I look at him apologetically.