Chapter 24 - What? Pfft, Um, No.

"C'mon Nikki!"

"No." 

"Please?"

"Fine."

"Really?"

"No." 

Alex sighs in frustration and gives up.

For the past ten minutes, Alex has been trying to get me to agree to go to prom. She said that I could basically get any guy in the school.

We got about two minutes of free lunch time before the whole school basically stormed the cafeteria. Alex and I had to make a run for it and now we're hiding in a classroom. 

I probably should've seen this coming. 

"You could have any guy in the school though."

"Except Eli since you already have him." 

She blushes bright red. "I don't have him."

"Now that, my friend, is the biggest load of bull-"

"Don't change the subject!"

"I merely pointed something out." 

She groans and puts her head in her hands. 

"Just choose a guy and go with him," She says.

"If I was to go, I would go with someone I actually like," I comment, walking up to the door and checking if anyone is there. I'm greeted with screams and yells. I jump back away from the door. 

"Why don't you go with Hunter?"

I cough out loud. "What? No, he wouldn't go with me. I don't know where you got that idea from. Pfft, what're you talking about? Did it just get really hot in here?" I feel my face heat up so I fan my face using my hand. Alex just keeps on smirking. 

"You like him."

"No."

"Yes you do."

"No I do not." 

"You'll admit it eventually," She says, still smirking evilly. 

"I doubt it," I say, sitting in one of the seats. 

Alex's phone rings and she picks it up. After she talks with whoever it is on the phone, she looks to me and smiles a very big smile. 

"Oh no what did you do?"

"Nothing. My parents just called me, they have decided that we're going to live in Australia now!" 

She squeals and I squeal with her. 

"That's awesome! I can finally get my room back!" 

She pretends to be hurt and places a hand over her heart. "You love your bed more than me?" 

"Pretty much." 

She collapses on the floor. "I don't think I'm going to make it!" 

"I'll replace you with my pillow," I say, watching her play out her dramatic performance. 

"That's rude." 

"Deal with it." 

Alex's phone dings, telling her that she has a new message. 

She reads it and then throws her fist into the air. "Yes!" 

I raise my eyebrows. "What is it?" 

"Um, nothing. Hey Nikki, just wondering, are you going to visit Aiden after school today?" 

I narrow my eyes at her. "Yeah... why?"