Chapter 31 - No One Asked You, Brain.

The next day, which is Friday, Alex has basically been jumping with joy all day. Because it's prom tonight, they are letting all of the students leave two hours early to get ready. If you ask me, they decided to have prom pretty early. The end of year exams haven't even started yet, although we have been warned about them. 

It got me thinking, what the hell am I doing after high school? Will I still be an actress? I suppose I would but does that I'll just be waiting around for auditions all my life? 

I know that I've been doing really well in English and Literature... maybe I could do something to do with them? I know that I've always been really interested in journalism... maybe I could make a career out of that? Last night, I spent all night looking at college websites and finding out what kind of courses and classes I could take. I sent in multiple applications for a couple colleges but I don't know if I'll get in. 

I must have been thinking pretty hard since Hunter looks at me. "You alright?" He asks. 

"Yeah, fine," I say, focusing my attention back on my friends even though thoughts about college and my future are still nagging me. I bite my lip in worry. I can tell that Hunter doesn't believe me when I say I'm fine, but at least he doesn't press the matter. 

Hunter, Alex and I have a free period before we can actually leave early. We're just sitting in the library, Alex squealing every five seconds about the prom. 

"Do you think Eli will like my dress?" She gasps. "What if he kisses me? What if we make out?" 

"Again?" Hunter and I both reply in unison, followed by a high five between us. 

"Shut up," She says with pink showing in her cheeks. "You guys have probably made out before," She comments, followed by a smirk. 

Hunter and I both spontaneously have a small coughing fit. 

I cough. "What? No. Huh? What were we talking about? Oh right, no," I say. 

"Nope. Let's change the subject," Hunter says, glaring at Alex which only gives her a bigger smirk. 

Eli then comes over and... yeah.. you can guess what happened next... 

"I think it's our cue to leave," I whisper to Hunter. 

"Yep," We get up and bolt out of the library, leaving Alex and Eli to their.. yeah... not gonna go there... 

We start walking through the halls, casually joking around and chatting. 

"So Snort, can I pick you up at 6 o'clock?" He says, smirking. 

"I haven't snorted in forever and you better be bringing me a carriage with some hot princes," I say. 

"Pfft. One, I could be your hot prince. Two, you could never be royalty," He scoffs. 

"I could so be royalty. I'm probably a descendant of a king or something, that's where I get my good looks," I say, flipping my hair. 

"Yeah, a descendant of King Kong," He snickers and I give him a light slap on the shoulder. 

"Well you're taking King Kong's descendant to prom tonight genius." 

"Touche." 

I grin and we walk across the football field and past the gym. When we realise that the early bell will go soon, we walk back to the lockers. 

When the bell goes, it's chaos. Girls running in excitement to get home and get ready. Alex runs to my locker and tells me to hurry up. 

Alex and I rush outside, along with the crowd of people hurrying to get out, and we meet the three boys at Eli's car.