Chapter 32 - Freaking Finally!!!

The limo ride was awkward, Eli had rented the limo by the way. Sam and Jacob were talking with each other, not even including us. Eli and Alex were already.. making out. 

Hunter and I just look at each other and start laughing quietly. 

After a while, we pull up at the school. People stare in awe as we all get out of the limo ride. Sam and Jacob walk off together. I'm guessing they don't want too much attention. That's cool with me. 

There is a red carpet set out, leading into the gym. I almost laugh. I've been on  so many red carpets that it's not funny. 

Hunter and I link arms. At the start of the red carpet, there is an archway made out of wood and it's draped in streamers that are green and have flowers tied throughout them. Alex and Eli walk behind us, Eli's arm around Alex. 

Hunter and I stop before stepping on the red carpet. The photographer tells us to smile and we quickly give each other an evil glance. She counts down to three and on three we make the silliest faces that we can muster. She snaps a photo and scowls at us before we continue to walk down the red carpet, laughing. 

I can hear loud music coming from the gym. I'm briefly reminded of my amazing cheerleading performance a couple days. When we reach the gym, we stand in the doorway. We take it all in. 

The gym has balloons scattered all across the floor, streamers hanging up on the walls and a big disco ball in the middle. Colourful lights flash and move across the gym. 

Teenagers are dancing all throughout the hall gym. It seems like they all stop to stare at us though. Alex comes to stand next to me and Eli stands next to her. 

"Can we please quote The 100?" She whispers in my ears.

I roll my eyes, knowing which quote she wants to use. "Alright fine," We both grin evilly. 

"WE'RE BACK BITCHES!!" We both yell and the gym cheers and whoops, excited for tonight. They all go back to dancing while Hunter leads me out onto the dance floor. 

The last songs ends and then Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis comes on. (SORRY I HAD TO) 

I cheer and yell. I love this song. 

"I'm gonna pop some tags, only got twenty dollars in my pocket. I-I-I'm hunting, looking for a come-up. This is fucking awesome!" The whole gym and I sing. 

I basically rap the whole thing and Hunter gives me a weird look.

"Damn Nikki, you really can rap," He says.  

I shrug. "It's good music." 

When the song is over, a slow song comes on. A Thousand Years starts playing. 

Heart beats fast,

Colours and promises,

How could I be brave?

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

Hunter takes my hand and puts his arm on my waist. The dance floor is taken up by couples dancing. I put my arm on his shoulder and hold his hand. 

We just sway, only standing on each other's feet a couple times. Lets just say it was Hunter who wasn't the good dancer. Hunter smiles at me and gives my hand a squeeze. Behind him, I see Alex and Eli dancing. To anyone but them, they would look like a lovestruck couple who can't spend any time away from each other. 

Hunter looks deep into my eyes. He leans in, his face inching closer and closer towards mine. 

My brain is exploding, telling me ten thousand different things at once. My stomach erupts in butterflies.