Chapter 25 - Yay! Responsibility!

(Nikki's birthday is on July 31st)

"SOMEBODY PICK UP THE PHONE BECAUSE I FUCKING CALLED IT!" Alex screams as soon as I get home from the hospital. 

Of course, you all know what she's probably talking about. 

"I knew he would ask you!" 

"You knew because he told you that he would." 

"Doesn't matter, I still shipped Hunki from the start."

"A ship name already, really?" I ask, with a groan.

"Yes." 

"Elex?" I wear a smug smile. 

"Ok fine I'll shut up."

"Good little Alex." 

We are now sitting in my room, her on the mattress on my floor and me in my double bed. It's about 10 o'clock at night. 

"Two more hours until you are an adult!" 

"Yay! Responsibility," I say, my tone dripping with sarcasm.

"You get a party though!" 

I look at her. "What if I don't want a party?" 

"Nikki, you have to have a party," She says, looking at me. 

"No, I don't," I put my phone down. "I don't feel like having one." 

She deflates. "Oh.. ok." 

"Hey, I'll probably just have a little party with my brothers and the guys. And you. So technically I am having one, just a small one," I say. She smiles at me. 

"Well at least there is going to be a party and parties have food so I'm in." She laughs and I smile at her. 

After talking for what seems like forever, Alex starts counting down when her phone told her it was 11:59. 

"5!"

Blake and Jacob stand in the doorway, chanting with her. 

"4!" 

"This isn't New Year's Day you know," I say. 

"3!" 

"12! 21! 89! 312!" I yell. 

"2!"

"1!" 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI!" 

Uh oh. 

They all basically crush my on my bed, all hugging me tightly. They don't let go for about five minutes and I'm 99% sure that they crushed my lungs. 

When they do get off me, I look at my phone to see it blow up with notifications. 

I inch my hand towards it. "Let's put that on silent." 

I look back towards the doorway. Standing there is Hunter, Sam and Eli. 

"Happy birthday Nikki!" They all give me hugs and I see them with presents in their hands. I also notice that my brothers had put presents on the floor at the foot of my bed. 

"You didn't have to get me presents!" I say. 

"Too bad," They all say in unison. 

"Am I opening them now?" I ask.

"No, it's not like it's your birthday or anything," Alex says, sarcastically I might add. 

"You're so funny Alex."