«9»

A fact:

Yuu was forced to participate in prayer hour after a sermon.

Another fact:

Absolutely not. Confessing to the Lord of his possible sins was not, per say...

Ideal.

Although it was a designated time of confession and forgiveness, Sister Anna was not particularly fond of letting the confession go to the skies without an ass beating on planet Earth.

She said her sins, skipping out on some for she knew Yuu and the other children were there.

Hypocritical.

After she was "done," it was a little Aryan girl's, and then Yuu's turn.

On his knees next to her on the thick, musty carpet, four of the other children contributing to the activity, he took a deep breath as the last child finished her sin.

"I... Took a cookie from my friend at lunch."

Scandalous.

The little Aryan girl continued, tiny fingers shaking in their clasped position just afront of her face. "She wasn't looking, and it looked so yummy... Forgive me, Lord."

Yuu suppressed his sigh, picking at the carpet strands. He didn't even have his own hands in the right positioning, too unsupportive of the activity.

But he'd have to confess something; if you didn't you were perceived as a liar and being untruthful to the Holy Spirit. The thought just made him yawn.

What did he have to confess? What sins--

He froze.

I'm not supposed to get aroused... That's sinful, isn't it?

He swallowed hard after everyone had forgiven the German girl for her iota of a sin, all eyes closing again except for Sister Anna's as she shot a stare inspired by Satan himself into his soul.

"Hands." She hissed in a nasty whisper, spit still managing to fly.

He puts his hands up, wishing if only it were a gun in his hands that he could put to his own temple. How could he confess something so humiliating? So sinful?

So horrific in the walls of the orphanage that he mind as well pack his bags and leave...

If only.

Tears swelled in his eyes, his throat tightening and sinus clearing.

"...I..." Silence. Only the creak in the floorboards from one of the little boys shifting on his legs.

Yuu was the eldest there.

"...I got an... I got aroused by another boy in the locker rooms two days ago..."

It's like he could see the spirit he didn't even believe in in the first place standing before him with hatred burning in his eyes.

How dare you? Pray and confess to me?

The devil grinned behind his back, scruffing his hair in approval.

He slowly peeked his eyes open, all the children with their eyes still closed as they had no understanding of what the words meant or how bad the situation was. Sister Anna's eyes, however, never left his gaze.

He shut his eyes again, finishing off his reveal. "Forgive me... Lord."

The Lord he didn't even believe in to begin with.