«22»

Yuu was on a bashful edge the entire night. He was far too inhibited of sleeping next to his beloved golden-haired angel, constantly waking up periodically through the sleepy session to make sure he hadn't rolled atop of Mika or was being selfish with space. At some points, he just couldn't sleep and would reread the inked story on Mika's arms down to his wrists.

He realized Mika loved to draw. His body was his canvas.

And what a beautiful artistic bedtime story it was.

He flinched to consciousness as Mika's alarm buzzed flatly off to the corner of the mattress. He was wide awake, pleasantly surprised as Mika had him gripped tightly in his long arms like boasting over a prized possession.

He snored.

Too low to be disruptive, but just audible enough to be heard and make Yuu blush.

He buried his face in Mika's large chest, wondering why it smelled so sweet. He apprehensively poked his nipple, immaturely giggling at the gesture.

The alarm continued to cry for attention.

Yuu inched out of the embrace - or at least attempted to, as Mika had him in a death clutch. He finally broke free after a series of violent wriggling, his tired eyes squinting to read the settings on the alarm.

He pressed the button to silence it, the dusty device's numbering glowing red with a weak 6:45.

He sheepishly gazed down at Mika's boxers with aroused interest, the sheet having been slid down in the subconsciousness of someone's slumber from bickering heat. He shook him lightly, nuzzling his face back into the crook of the blond's neck.

Heavy breathing and more snores replied disrespectfully.

Yuu hummed lightly in thought, throwing himself over Mika to worm around.

He heard Mika chuckling below him, a smile coming to his lips at it. He continued to roll all over Mika's torso, making silly noises. The blond broke out in more laughter, attempting to latch onto Yuu's waist to turn him over, but his hand only wound up gripping right onto Yuu's small rear end.

The blond's eyes widened, his hand automatically moving off to grip regretfully at the sheets. Yuu slid off of him, sitting back on his heels. He looked unphased by the accident.

Mika was swarming with an odd displeasure.

Yuu just grinned.

It was still taking getting used to.

~

"Are you scared..." Mika murmured in the driver's seat as he let Yuu take a bite out of his bagel. He tied his hair up meanwhile.

They were parked in the apartment's parking lot.

Yuu chewed, swallowing a big gulp right after. "No."

This kid's got more balls than I would've ever imagined...

"You sure?"

"Mhm."

Mika sighed, gripping tightly onto the steering wheel. "Are you sure you don't wanna stay in bed until I get back home? You don't have to go back to school, Yuu... I don't want you to..."

"Hey," interjected Yuu, cheeks full of bagel, "if someone's gonna get in the way of me taking my exam today, it's gonna be just me. Not anybody else. I don't wanna fail... We studied for this for two weeks. Sure, a lot has happened in between, but... I'm not scared of dying anymore, Mika."

The blond was nearly pushed to tears. He sat still in his seat, hands rested on his thighs as he contemplated just how much Yuu truly meant to him.