«14»

An aura of uneasiness buzzed off Yuu as Mika's car was nowhere to be seen the next morning. He gazed longingly out of the grimy window, hands trembling as his strands of hope were wearing thinner and thinner. He had to remind himself Mika was tough. He stood strong and would kick an ass without a second thought.

Maybe he was just exhausted from the job? Slept in a little...

He swallowed the lump in his throat.

Please be alive... Please be in one piece... Call me lame again.

Silver eyes stalked the boy from the dining table where the rest of kids were noisily eating their breakfast, precisely observing Yuu's every move. He watched the green eyes dart on high alert at the street, his lips parting and closing and head looking back and forth every so often. He even watched his lashes follow along with the movement of his eyes.

After a moment of hesitation, the new boy got to his feet, approaching Yuu so noiselessly that he had not a sense in the world from the oncoming tap on his shoulder. Yuu jolted at the contact, head whipping around to face the other boy.

Instantly, the cold stare from last night projected in his head as he stared back into gray eyes with a dash of fear. He eyed at his shiny loose curls, alarmed when a small grin pulled on the edges of Saint's pink lips.

"Hi," the taller boy softly said, approaching his friend a tad bit closer.

"...Hi," Yuu stammered on edge as the memory still screamed in his head. It's like it was written all over his forehead.

You scare me. Kinda.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Saint chirped, poking his head out the window as well. He gazed about, making a funny sound with his lips. Yuu almost felt offended.

"N-Nothing," he defended in humiliation, almost wanting to push him out of the way.

Saint just smiled at him. "You're obviously looking at something."

Yeah, just you... Nosy.

Yuu had no reply. His reddened cheeks said it all.

"Anyway," the curious boy continued, rubbing his sleep-stung eyes, "do you wanna go to the playground with me later?"

Yuu just stared at him blankly, feeling out of place at the sudden preposition. It's like he was meeting an entirely new boy. Like last night was invisible in thought.

"Me?" Yuu had to ask, his dark eyebrows raising in question.

Saint nodded with sincerity, his lips pulled into that ever so sweet grin. "Me and you. At the playground by the public school."

Passionate.

Yuu knew he secretly enjoyed that idea in his core. He did want to spend time with someone. Even if it was with someone as mysterious at Saint Ettan. Speaking of, he had to address it before it ate him alive.

"I'll see if I can after my tutoring," the smaller boy announced, his fingers playing with each other.

"Okay," the other male smiled, just about to leave when Yuu forced his feeble voice to work again.

"Why," he croaked out, getting Saint to look over his shoulder at him. "Why, uh... Did you stare at me like that last night? Like you were... angry at me? Or... What you saw?"

The taller boy just tilted his head, a curl falling between his eyes. "Huh? When?"

Yuu was already feeling chagrined. He shifted his gaze, shrugging lightly. "After the boy left my window... Before you went to bed? Then..." he murmured quietly.