«28»

Sullivan floored the brakes, the car breezing down the oncoming slope. He turned the wheels sideways to cease on the ice, the whole vehicle nearly flipping over. The skidding vibrated the truck, finally smashing it amongst the rails. The boys nearly suffered whiplash, luckily still in one piece in time to see the other car tumble off the rails and into the woods in a violent, merciless manner.

The landing was hushed in the winter air, only a snap of a tall tree and a burst of the engine heard from the distance.

It sank in on the brunette, haunting him slightly. He brushed it off, quickly unbuckling himself and escaped the car. He helplessly skidded up the hill, sliding as he raced to his friend.

"MIKA!" he screamed through the winter night, trying with all of his might not to collapse on his face. He booked it down the rocky side, his tears freezing on his face as he failed to stifle his cries.

He followed the splatter of blood, his lungs and heart aching as he saw his companion laying cold out on the frozen snow. His neck appeared broken, his head situated as if he didn't survive.

"Don't you fucking dare," Sully wept to himself, racing up next to his injured friend. He dropped next to him, crying as he pulled him up onto his lap. Mika gazed up at the sky lifelessly, his left eye infected with blood. He fearfully gazed at Sully, his hearing coming in distorted waves. He could see himself meeting the ice over and over, as if that was his last moment.

His head pulsed, blood streaming out at the second.

"Buddy," Sully cried, inspecting the fracture in his brow. "Buddy... Your eye..."

His companion looked half-purple in his sights, his normal tanned complexion now a strong brown. He reached out helplessly to Sully's shoulder, asking for help.

"Come on, bud... I got you... Don't die, I swear Mika I will kill you if you die on me," the brunette sobbed, carrying his best friend in his arms despite how much heavier he was.

The blond pressed his face into Sully's jacket, trying his best to stay awake.

~

"Where is he?!" Sully barked as hopped down from Mika's attic. "Little shit... I swear to God, this is why I don't fuck with sophomores."

He ran his hand through his hair frantically, exhaling with puffed cheeks as he checked the bathroom, the living room, and even the pantry.

A nine millimeter pistol was missing.

Sully sank as he felt the empty shelf. "God, that kid is a fucking cunt."

He slammed the door shut, walking past the kitchen. Tyro raced up to him excitedly, barking at the possible situation of violence from his owner's sudden outburst.

"Sit down," he murmured, gazing into the kitchen before the blue paper taped to the fridge caught his eyes.

"What?" Mika slurred as Trevor bandaged his head in the backseat. "Wh... Where is he... Then?"

"The fucker said he went out to the drugstore for God knows what. What the hell does he need MY gun for?! For the drugstore? He's a robber now?You hookin' up with some fraud? Some spy, man?"

"No... No, Sul, he wouldn't... He wouldn't do that, I swear to you," heaved Mika, licking his chapped lips. His bloody eye itched horribly. "I swear... Ah, he does dumb things but... He doesn't - he doesn't like violence - I promise... If he did that... If he did that it was for-"

"A reason, right, yeah, sure." Sully scoffed, hopping back into the front seat. "You sure he doesn't want revenge for the fucker who shot him in the first place? You know kids like that only shoot 'cause they're tired of people's shit. They're sick of being bullied; tired of sitting on the outskirts."