one.

taehyung's pov

"taehyung! get up, it's almost three in the afternoon!" a voice yells, immediately waking me up from my deep slumber.

the fuck? it can't be three in the afternoon! i glance at my phone screen, switching it on. two forty five pm. wow. i must've fallen asleep really late last night.

it was the second week of winter break, and so far it's been going by terribly slow. nothing interesting has happened. yet.

"taehyung?! are you up?!" my mother yells from up stairs, making me groan in response.

"yes, mother," i yell back, equally as loud.

i hastily get up off of my comfortable bed, tucking the corners of the blanket making it look as neat as possible.

i make my way to the bathroom and quickly freshen up, brushing my teeth before making my way up the stairs to greet my mother.

"what's for breakfast?" i ask lazily as i flop onto the couch, pulling out my phone.

"blueberry pancakes, your favourite," she replies. "now come on, eat up."

i get up and make my way towards the kitchen table, taking a seat as i gobble up the pancakes. they're so fucking good, it's like my mouth is having an orgasm.

"when you're done, i want you to go take a shower and dress nicely, not what you're wearing right now," she says, gesturing at my outfit that i had on right now. i had on loose fitting basketball shorts with a baggy white shirt. i stop shoving pancakes down my throat and look up at her. "why?" i ask, curiously.

"having an old friend visit from america. she used to live here in seoul, but she moved years ago. and i finally get to meet up with her again!" she exclaims, practically gushing with happiness. "we will be picking her up from the airport, and i want you to look decent at least," she says. "now get up and get ready, we're leaving in less than an hour."

"fine, fine." i groan as i put away my empty plate, making my way back downstairs and to the bathroom. i take a quick and heated shower, which took less than half an hour. i'm greeted with cold air as i step out of the washroom.

shivering, i take a towel and dry my body before wrapping it around my waist. i walk out of the bathroom and into my bedroom.

as i let my hair air dry, i pick out a simple outfit; tight black skinny jeans, plain white v-neck and a jean jacket to top it off.

i touch up my hair, making it look decent, but not like i'm trying too hard. when i'm satisfied with the messy yet flattering look, i leave my room and walk upstairs.

my mother was already waiting for me by the door. she smiles up at me as i walk towards her, putting my shoes on. "let's go," i say impatiently, wanting to get this over with. as i step outside, it's noticeably cooler than it usually is. winter is about to start, and i internally groan. i fucking hate winter.

we get into the car, and i make myself comfortable in the front as my mom pulls out of the driveway.

"oh! i almost forgot to tell you," she says excitedly. "my friend that we're picking up at the airport, her name is seoyeon and she has a son around your age. a year or two younger i believe. his names jungkook. you two used to play together when you guys were little," she says, sighing as she remembers old memories.

jungkook? that name doesn't ring a bell. maybe i knew him when i was really, really small. too young to remember.

"oh, and during their visit they will be staying over at our house for a couple of days. so i need you to put your best behaviour on, and make our guests feel at home." she orders.

-

"when will they arrive, mom? i'm getting bored waiting." i say impatiently as i drum my fingers against the annoyingly uncomfortable chair i'm currently sitting on.

we're currently waiting to spot seoyeon and her son jungkook among the huge crowd at the airport. we've been waiting for, like almost forty five minutes now.

"be patient honey, maybe they've lost their way." she assures me.

i suddenly see a tall boy looking around, walking along side his mother. he had dark brown, mussed up hair, and milky white skin. he looked eerily familiar. i momentarily wonder if that's jungkook and seoyeon.

"mom, is that them?" i say, pointing at the two figures not too far away from us. she looks up from her phone and scans the area. her eyes suddenly light up as she gets off her seat, standing up.

"yes! that's them!" she says excitedly as she speed walks towards them, dragging me along with her.

"seoyeon! over here!" she yells. i try to hide my embarrassment as people turn to look at us.

as soon as the two make eye contact with each other, they speed walk, more like ran to each other, and hugged each other very tightly.

"i missed you so much!" seoyeon squealed.

i look over at jungkook, who's standing next to seoyeon. "you're jungkook, right?" i ask as i look him up and down.

"ye." he replies dryly.

"i'm kim Taehyung, it's nice to meet you." i say as i extend my hand for him to shake.

"'s nice to meet you too, taehyung." he says, smirking lightly while shaking my hand, letting it lure a bit longer than a handshake is supposed to be.

-

a/n: so sorry if this is boring but bear with me! i promise i'll try my hardest to make it better. this is my first ever ff, sorry for any grammatical errors. hope you enjoy!(: