eight.

taehyung's pov

after my mother told me about her whole one-month long vacation thing with seoyeon, i kept drifting in deep thought as i think about it.

the mere thought of being alone in a house with jungkook alone brings shivers down my spine, and butterflies in my stomach.

i don't know whether i should be happy or upset.

dinner passed by in a blur, and i'm currently sat on my couch texting jimin.

jimin: what?!!? oNE WHOLE MONTH?!?
me: yeah..

i internally groan as i finish texting him. my stomach grumbles even though we had dinner just about an hour ago.

my mouth starts watering as i think about having an ice cream right now. i haven't had one in so long.

"mom, i'm going to the ice cream shop. can i take your car?" i ask, interrupting her chat with seoyeon.

"honey, it's only five minutes away. can't you just walk?" she asks. typical. she doesn't want to waste gas.

"yeah but it's freezing outside, and i'm too lazy," i quickly say, coming up with a good enough excuse.

"okay fine, i expect you to be back in less than an hour." she says and i nod as i get up when i hear a voice behind me. "can i come with you?" i turn around and face jungkook.

"wha-? sure. come on,"

we both slip on our jackets, and shoes as we head out the door. i get inside the driver's seat of my mothers car and jungkook sits at the front seat.

i start the car, turning the heat all the way up.

"is it close by?" jungkook asks and i can feel his eyes on me from my peripheral vision.

"mhm." i keep driving, and i turn up the radio attempting to get rid of the awkward silence. a new song plays that neither of us recognize.

i turn at the light and pull up at the parking lot of a small ice cream shop.

exiting the car, the both of us enter the deserted place.

the ice cream shop seemed to be almost empty as we walk up to the front.

"hi there! ahat would you two like?" the cashier asks. he has a big smile, and an elongated face with perfectly straight teeth. he seems overly excited for no apparent reason.

i usher jungkook to go first. i don't know which ice cream flavour i want.

"i'll have mint chocolate chip." jungkook says politely. i think for a moment before saying, "i'll have a chocolate chip cookie dough, please." i hand him a bill.

the nice man gave us our ice cream and we take a seat by the window.

"gosh, this is so good." jungkook says in between mouthfuls of ice cream, licking his lips.

I scrunch up my nose. "um, no. mint ice cream is gross." i say, and his eyes widen in fake hurt.

"what? nint ice cream is the best thing on earth." he says dramatically. "here, try some."