1. Pleased to Meet You, Hope I Guessed Your Name

"EMILIA!"

I cringed as soon as I heard that awful voice calling my name. I turned around only to see the manager motioning me to follow him in the kitchen.

"Y-Yes sir. Right away," I said, dragging my feet towards my destination. God please, not again...

To be completely honest, the BeerHouse wasn't such a bad place to work at. If my girl friends were here, they'd say I should be thankful that I'm earning more than enough; that despite my bills and apartment rent I'm still able to save and send money for my folks at home. I am thankful for this job, I really am... there is just one tiny thing I find very hard to deal with...

"You know Emilia, you're very beautiful," he held me firmly against the wall, his face coming closer and I almost gagged at the smell of his drug-filled mouth. "Because of you this bar has attracted tons of customers, most have been regulars ever since they seen your little ass waiting around the tables."

He was chuckling to himself but kept his sticky, dirty glare at me. I thought compliments ought to feel good but these words of him made me want to throw up. This is how he always looked at me and treated me ever since I started working here a few months ago. I'm surprised he hadn't done a perverted thing to me yet, but idiots like him could strike at anytime and that is why I always keep a small switchblade hidden in one of my skirt pockets.

"Yeah.. Yeah" I rolled my eyes. "Are you done talking, huh, Mac? You know I should go. People are still waiting for their orders." I called our dick of a manager by his name knowing that it would piss him off..

I was about to laugh when he took hold of my arm and squeezed it so instead I groaned in pain and annoyance.

"Don't you think I know that, you Mexican bitch?!" He growled now I could see the black stains on his teeth. That explains the bad breath. He must be into smack or meth.

Mac dragged me to the small kitchen window and stuck my face against the glass. "See those two blokes over there?" He pointed to the men on the edge of the bar, a bit away from the other customers.
"I saw them eyeing you up. Watching you every corner, every table you go to..."

"You wanted me to get them something?" I asked, backing away from him.

Mac scoffed. "One ordered a bottle of Southern Comfort the other wanted a Jack."

"All right. I'll go get 'em."

I walked around the kitchen to get the bottles as I was about to exit, Mac pulled me to stop.

"You're forgetting something."

Yes I did. And it was to dress up or should I say "strip down and get the customers hooked." In Mac's opinion, the more neckline we show, the more legs we show and the thicker the make up, the more money this place will earn. To me, that is a complete bullshit but I let Mac undo a few buttons of my already revealing blouse until everything in my chest is exposed except for my nipples. He also folded the hem of my skirt and raised it higher to make it shorter. I really am glad I was wearing stockings so I wouldn't feel so naked.

"All set."

Mac looked so proud of what he did. He looked at me up and down and let his tongue out like a mad dog.

I felt sick again but I just shrugged it off. "Before I go out there, I just want to let you know that for all the times you called me a "Mexican bitch", you've been wrong. I'm not from Mexico, although I look a bit like one.... and Mexican people are nice --- way nicer than your sort so don't you belittle them," I started rambling. This would make him tick off like a bomb for sure.. "And for your information, my family's from Philippines, that's a country in South Asia which had been under the Spanish conquest just like Mex-- mmhh--!!"