17. Smiling Faces I Can See

I had a blast like everybody. None of us were left cold because these four guys set fire not just on the stage but in our hearts too.

She's so cold, she's so cold

she's so cold cold cold like an ice cream cone

She's so cold she's so cold

I dare not touch her my hand just froze

Yeah, I'm so hot for hot for her, I'm so hot for her

I'm so hot for her and even so

Put your hand on the heat, put your hand on the heat

Aw C'mon baby, let's go

She's so cold, she's so cold, cold, she's so c-c-c-old

I got to meet them backstage after the concert and I was overjoyed. I had a slight crush on Mick Jagger before so I was like a shaking tomato and I think I nearly fainted when they spoke to me while they were signing my Sticky Fingers Record.

The Gn'R gang teased me about my reaction. I let them since they were the reason why I was able to watch the concert. Izzy didn't understand my humor though or perhaps he was only too tired to laugh.

"It's a compliment! When I say you look like ol' Keefy, it means you're immortal just like ol' Keefy..." I said as my hands went to squish his fatless cheeks "..don't do too much drugs or else you'll lose your pretty baby face."

"He's already loosing it," said one of the guys.

"I'd shit on your joke woman," Izzy told me but I know he meant it as a banter.

All of us were together again like the old times. Steven was fresh out of rehab and he had sworn to be clean from then on while Saul never apologized for his mean and avoidant behavior towards me which did hurt nevertheless I let it slide. For what is worth, we talked and chill just like the good friends we were.

It seemed like yesterday they played at the bar, being watched by a fair bunch of audience and overshadowed by the bigger L.A. groups. Now they got to the top shelf; public figures, individuals, even other rock stars turn their heads to acknowledge them as they passed.

The men from the Crue, except Vince sat on the booth next to us, giving us looks that could kill. The awarding incident where one from each band threw punches at each other was still a big issue. My men didn't seem to care or maybe they were just pretending they didn't. But there was no sign that a fight would start so everything was all right. Toasting here, drinking there, Duff and Saul can vouch for that. Axl had a girl on each arm, and a few trying to get his attention. But he kept to himself the entire time. I can only assume it was his way of coping. (My lips were sealed, I never told a soul about Erin leaving. It was best if the man thought she just disappeared, she was too good for him.)

I leaned on the brick wall of the dingy alley. Surprisingly the dimly- lit place with its not-so-good smell allowed me to think in peace. I was joined by Izzy minutes later and we shared his pack of Malboro Lights.

"I'm not the only odd fish who can't stand the rave," he muttered with a cigarette stuck between his lips. "You said you missed us but you're out here?"

"It's quiet here." I did my last drag before scrunching the tab on the asphalt with my shoe.

"I think we can both agree to that." Izzy said. He finished smoking and there was nothing left in the box. "I'm gonna head in now and make sure Popcorn's behaving."