11. Appetite for Celebration

In the middle of July we had three events in one celebration; the release of Appetite for Destruction, the band's first album, Saul's birthday and my graduation. The party was scheduled on the exact 23rd after the band got back from London.

The boys bought the booze and food while us girls were on decorating duty. The party was going to be held at night so fairy lights and disco balls if possible, had to be there hanging. We did what we could to turn the guys' crib into an ideal nightclub.

We set up in the backyard and began grilling the patties, sausages and steaks. We even had tuna chunks and vegetable kebabs for those wanted healthier foods. A few minutes into cooking and fanning to keep the fire, I saw Axl dragged a girl outside.

"You can't make me leave Axl!" the girl shouted, freeing herself from Axl's grip. "Just tell me where he is so I can talk to him!"

"He's done with you, can't you understand?!" Axl shouted back. "Do whatever you want, I don't care. Just stay away from him and his girlfriend."

"Fuck you," the girl spat. "I shouldn't have helped you with that goddamn record! I let you use me and this is how you treat me after?!"

They realized they weren't alone. Axl then glanced at my direction. "Emilia..." his tone changed. "They were looking for you inside."

"Really?" I looked at him and the girl. She looked a little bit younger with her pale skin, short dark brown hair and fringe. "What do they want?"

"Just go to them. I'll take over."

"You sure you know how to barbeque?"

"Get inside, Em." Axl ordered.

I did what he said. He was creeping me out. I went inside and saw people were already coming. The dudes from Motley Crue were there, talking to Saul and Izzy. Within the influx of the people, I spotted Erin.

"Erin, is everything alright?"

"I can say everything's under control for now," she said. "It's only a matter of time before this place gets wild."

I giggled. "Tell me about it. By the way, have you seen Steven?"

Erin shook her head. "Sorry, Em. I haven't. Can I leave for a minute? Yvonne and I got some friends coming."

"Sure. Go ahead." I was tempted to tell her about the scene I saw of Axl and this girl but I guess that wasn't my business to take care of.

I bumped into Duff who pulled me to the stairs, saying, "The party's already starting and you're barely prepared!"

"Barely prepared?" I looked down to my outfit. What's wrong with tanktop and yoga pants?

"You're underdressed," he said. He took me to his room where his girlfriend, Mandy was doing her hair. "Hey babe, let's give our freshly grad here a makeover."

Mandy put down her brush and said, "I'd be glad to. I have a leather mini skirt you can wear, Emilia."

I knew this couple were good in rock n' roll dress ups so I let them do what they wanted. I did waitressing in the BeerHouse wearing thick make up and skimpy clothes, this party would be no different. I looked into the mirror, my hair was down and flowing, my beloved Dark Side of the Moon shirt was cut up to the waist, showing my belly button. Mandy's mini-skirt was indeed a mini skirt. I felt exposed although I was wearing thin black stockings. I chose to wore my black Chuck Taylor's instead so I'd be more comfortable walking around.

"Thanks guys." I turned to them and smiled.

"Happy to help, dear," Duff said.

"Now go out there, I'm sure Steven wouldn't get his eyes off you," Mandy winked. "Or his hands."