20. A New Day in the Life

With the help of the band, we packed my things and put them in the trunk of Saul's Corvette.

"Please be careful..." I said worryingly to Duff and Izzy who were carrying the box of porcelain plates. "How about you put them in the passenger seat, I'd rather hold onto them on the way."

"It's just a bunch of old dishes, Em," Duff said.

"Just do what my girl says, man," Saul intervened.

"Got it dude."

"Are you ready to go?" Saul asked.

"Yes sir, I am." I said and kissed his cheek. "Just give me a moment to say goodbye to our former landlady."

I'd be a hypocrite if I did say that I wasn't expecting to be asked to move in with him. Both of us knew it would happen eventually. Indeed I was used to living alone most of the time, used to seeing friends come and go--hell at the back of my mind I knew it would be a gamble to take the step but I took it because there was nothing more I could ask for. I felt happy with the man who never ceased to make me mad and cry.

When everything was all set, we drove to Saul's place or should I say my place as well.

Holding the box of plates, I looked over to the backseat to find Izzy and Duff playing with Lennon. "Thanks for helping me with my things, boys." I told them.

"Anytime," Izzy smiled.

"So...you're finally together...officially. About time if you ask me." Duff teased. "I didn't know  Slash had the balls to confess!"

Saul was quiet, pretending that he was focused on driving but inside, the water was slowly being put to boil. For many years of knowing him, he never liked when he's being made fun because of what he feels, so most of the time he puts a straight face to conceal it.

"He didn't have to say it, he just showed me and then I knew," I explained.

The sudden stillness took over, so I attempted to alter the mood and invited the two to stay for lunch as I was planning to cook something when we got home. "You name it, I'll do my best. Saul requests a different one everyday, isn't that right?" I placed a hand on Saul's thigh which I later realized was a wrong move, because it wasn't just his thigh that I felt.

"Em.... Take the hand off..please,"Saul mumbled, he briefly looked at me and went back to the road.

"Oh my...I'm sorry," I slowly removed my hand and sank in my seat. The two at the back were holding their laughter and Saul just cleared his throat. Thank goodness we reached the house and that gave me a good reason to hide in the kitchen while hoping that the boys would forget it.

After lunch, they stayed for a while and suggested they help with the unpacking but I happily declined since there wasn't much to unpack. I was still bit flustered with the touching incident so I spent the afternoon organizing my clothes and personal stuff.

Saul came in with a cigarette. The grin he was sporting widened when we made eye contact. I bit my lip, still flustered about the incident.

"You need help with this?" He grabbed my bag of underwear and pulled out my laced purple panties. He "oohed" remarking, "I thought you only wear tighty-whities?"

"You thought wrong," I took the underwear from him. "By the way, I didn't mean to touch your--"

"Aww, you didn't mean to? You made it excited."

"Shut up."

He hugged me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder blade. "Your mom called. She wanted us to come over for dinner some time."