Chapter 12

Orangefurpaw tossed one of his Pokeballs into the air, watching it fall and hit his face. "Ow," he muttered, tossing it up again. It hit him in the face again. "Ow." He tossed it up again.

Yellowstar peered over the hole he was trapped in. "What are you doing?"

He glanced up at her. "I fell in here," he explained dryly. "And I can't get out."

Yellowstar refrained from laughing her face off at her son. "Well, I don't care, and your 'ow-ing' is too loud. Shut up."

"You're my mom! You are supposed to be loving and caring and awesome."

Yellowstar raised the eyebrow she didn't have. "Do you know me?"

"Yes. I'm talking to you right now."

Yellowstar tossed him a water bottle. "Well, I'm not loving or caring or awesome." The water bottle hit Orangefurpaw's face; he excitedly sat up and opened it, only to find a strange green liquid inside.

"Wh—what's this?" he asked warily, shaking the bottle and watching it drip onto the ground. A worm on the bottom of the hole shriveled up, then started growing larger.

"It's a potion I borrowed from SuperClan," she dismissed. "Apparently it turns cats into mutants. . . no way to guess the powers or effect though!" The worm was now wiggling around, as thick as a hose and as long as a banana. Orangefurpaw let out a whimper, pawing at the dirt walls.

"Help me! It's going to suffocate me," the tom cried out, the worm now as large as the typical cup. It was coiled around the bottom of the hole.

Yellowstar merely chuckled and padded away. ". . . my parenting skills are amazing!" came the end of her muttering. Orangefurpaw sobbed softly, paws flailing in the air.

As the worm grew larger, the YellowClan tom was encircled by its long, cylinder-like body. He tried to wiggle out of the worm's grip, but it merely tightened around him. "Help!" he called again.

This time, a MoonClan face was staring down from the top of the hole. Strictmoon's eyes narrowed. "Are you from YellowClan?"

"Y—yes," Orangefurpaw gasped as the worm encircled his neck.

"Is that a python?"

"Whatever you want to call it!" the YellowClan tom responded. "Just save me!"

Strictmoon narrowed his eyes even more. "Would that be against the Warrior code? I don't know. . . . if you're a kit, and you are quite small and soft-furred, I do have to save you."

"I am no—blurg a ferg—a kit!" he mewed, voice choked by the worm.

Strictmoon dived into the hole, using his claws to slice through the worm. It shriveled up and died, going slack (hehe, slack). 

"Thank you!" Orangefurpaw meowed. "Can you get me out of here now?"

Strictmoon crouched, then leaped to the top. "I have to go yell at my warriors. Bye!"

⌁ brought to you by rio ⌁