Messages from Afar

Help me.....

Someone help me!....

I c-can't take this anymore!!!

Help....

Me.....

<Capricorn POV>

My.... Erm.....classmate........ I mean.., friend.....died.....

And I didn't know until a week later, when her funeral was held and her body was burned as requested from her....

She was beautiful..... And let's just say boys wanted her and girls wanted to be like her.... She wanted her body burned so that pretty face would forever disappear from the world....

She typically just smiles at everyone, and no one would ever figure out the depression within her.... Her cute smile covering the sadness....

But I didn't care about any of that, she was a precious....friend to me....

And now she's gone.......forever......

Months later, I found her diary....hidden in a secret compartment in her apartment, which an old couple has now moved into.

The police have already searched the entire room, and donated her stuff to the poor... Since she had no other relatives to pass it down to.

But fortunately, the police didn't see the compartment, which I'm glad was left unseen by others...

I knew of the compartment because she showed me..., and only me...

Within the compartment, I knew... There lies her diary...

Along with the diary, I also found a picture, a necklace, and a key...

I knew what the key was for, but I decided to leave it untouched for now...

The picture and necklace was rather interesting...., a picture of her smiling with a group of girls and a simple necklace with an empty jar hanging from the chain.

She told me once, that the jar wasn't empty. It had the 'wind' inside.... And one day, she wanted to be free like the wind.... Not trapped by that face of hers.

I opened the diary, and knew immediately I shouldn't have done that.

On the first page wrote: For whoever who finds this diary..., please burn it immediately and do not look inside... Fulfill my final wish

I looked over the note and continued reading, knowing that if she was still here I would be dead meat.

This is amazing! I finally got to see my new school and I love it! After being home schooled for such a long time, I'm glad I finally get a chance to see the real world! Father said it was best for me to avoid everyone, to make sure what happened to Mother wouldn't happen to me... But I should be fine!... He's just worrying too much!
My first day of school would be tomorrow, and I can't wait!

I remember this... She told me about her past before... She sure sounds hyper...

I guess I understand what Father means now, by avoid everyone. But that's a REALLY hard demand when you're pretty much a human magnet.... First day and I already got 27 confessions, of which I rejected them all, and the entire school wanted to be my friend... I don't know if I should be happy or......

Studying was really hard in the last few weeks, but I managed to keep up! At first, I thought the confessions were just a joke. Like something the people in that community do to all new students!.... But that's really hard to believe now... I just got a confession from a girl today.., and I was really awkward.... Eventually the girl just yelled at me, asking me 'WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO PRETTY' and stormed off.... Am I supposed to take that as a compliment....?