1.

pristin V was maybe one of the best decisions pledis made

CHAPTER ONE

"You have beautiful hands."

Jamie says to me. I hold the measuring tape, nodding at her with a smile, "So I've been told." She laughs at that. Then she spreads her arms as I take her measurements. "How are your classes?" I ask her, diminishing the silence around us. "Sometimes it gets a little boring, but it's a field I've always been interested in so I guess it's going well." She smiles.

"You done?" She questions. "There's this documentary thing that starts at eight. I really don't want to miss it. I nod, writing down the last measurement. "I'm done. You can go." She takes out her purse and waits. I shake my head; "You can pay me once you're satisfied with the dress." I tell her. She nods excitedly.

"Remember, make it extra beautiful." Jamie winks before leaving.

Once the door closes, I sigh, dropping my shoulders. It's been a long day. I'm quite tired. I pack up, ready to leave, knowing grandma won't be pleased if I'm out late. It's weird how a woman who never wanted to get to know me, suddenly called me up in the middle of the night to invite me to live with her. I don't think too much about it though. She's given me a place to stay and she cooks delicious food so currently, I'm quite happy. I don't need to overthink it.

I picked up the keys to the store when the door rattled.

"Hello." Said the woman who'd stepped inside the shop with killer heels and a tight-fitting dress. She looked around, criticizing the state of the shop with her hazel eyes before she turned her attention towards me. "I'm Rowan. Rowan Charleston." She introduces herself. I attempt a polite smile. "Just now, that girl who was here a few minutes ago, what did she want?" Rowan asks me.

"It's a tailoring shop, so it's clear she was here for clothes, a dress in particular," I tell her. "What dress? One of those-"Rowan points to the row full of dresses behind me, "-Or did she request a special one?" She questions. I can sense that she's angry. "I believe that's none of your business," I say to her. It shouldn't matter to her what Jamie wanted and even if it did, I wouldn't disclose any information to her.

I see her eyes widen for a fraction of a second, and then she's back.

"You're right." She nods, oddly calm. "If you're done with the questionnaire, please leave." I point towards the door. "You're Ally's granddaughter?" She asks, cocking a hip. I nod. Her lips stretch into a slow, taunting smile. She nods and then she's leaving, heels clacking against the floor. "I'll be seeing you around often then." I hear her mutter to herself, pretty sure that I cant hear her, but when you have supernatural abilities, it's really hard to miss. I pick up my bag, a particular – two particular questions in my head.

Why was she here? 

More importantly, who is she?

"Always late."

Grandma taps me lightly at the side of my head. I pretend it hurts and wince. She narrows her eyes. "I'll try winding up early from now on." My grandmother looks pleased with my answer because she gently walks, with a grace of a ballet dancer to the other side of the table and sits down, facing me.

"College starts on Monday, so I can't manage the shop in the morning," I tell her, swallowing the soup. She nods, "It's fine, I'll manage." She says. I look at her silver hair and wrinkled hands. Grandma's fragile, little and totally unable to handle it all by herself. "I'm searching for someone to take over the morning shift, so don't worry," I say, swallowing another spoonful of soup. She gets ready to decline but I stop her, "Don't say no." I take the empty bowl and drop it in the sink before heading towards my room.