5.

baam and bboom bboom  are NOT the same

CHAPTER FIVE

Jamie and I were working.

"I've heard that most packs are frequently in wars with one another. How come your 'ex-packs' at peace?" I fold the turquoise colored cloth, making sure it's wrinkle-free. "We're not at peace. The pack moved here right after winning a war, hence, the many extra members. But for now, I think Auden wants to stay low until he's titled Alpha officially." She says. "What happens after that?"

She meets my gaze, chilling expression in them. "Then, you'll understand why I keep calling him a monster. He's nicknamed warlord for a reason. Werewolves, Vampires, Demons...he spares none..." Demons. At my frozen state, she laughs. "Oh come on, it's not like you'll ever have to face his wrath." Jamie consoles. I'm not too sure about that. "I guess I am a bit happy to be out of the pack. During the war, it's brutal training for all of us, even Rowan. We'll have to face the worst of punishments if we slack. And Auden just sits there on his throne." Jamie's words instill pity in me for her 'ex-pack' mates.

"Why doesn't he train?" Jamie sighs. "I overheard Rowan telling that he's so powerful that he could take down the entire pack...singlehandedly...isn't that reason enough?" I snort. "He's a powerful wolf, but surely, he can't be that powerful...to be faced with so many wolves; he would need help, wouldn't he?" Jamie nods. "I've debated on believing that rumor for quite some time. I mean it isn't like Auden's born Alpha or anything. But if you hear the rest of the rumors about him, you'll start believing this and debating on those..." Jamie says.

The bell rings.

"Hello, welcome –" Jamie words cut short.

I gaze up at Rowan. Underneath the counter, I can see Jamie's fists tightening. Hot-headed for an Omega. I'd always assumed that Omegas were quiet, peace-loving wolves that didn't dare challenge higher-ranking wolves and remained in their little houses. After meeting Jamie, I was rethinking that. Not only did she challenge her former Luna, she also addressed her as a 'bitch.' I was starting to like her more after that.

"Oh, so this is where little Jamie's been hiding." Rowan coos. She's an attractive woman, but her equally unattractive attitude made her nothing more than a mockery. The insecure, vile woman picked on someone lesser ranking than her just for the kick of it. Yes, she was an ugly person. "How can we help you?" Jamie surprises me, again. She's held in her anger and now, she looks at Rowan as nothing more than a bitchy customer. "Drop the act, Omega." Rowan sneers, sunglasses in hand. She gives me a brief glance and then focuses her attention on Jamie.

"Excuse me, ma'am. I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner that polite talk doesn't work with you." Jamie gives her the most innocent smile. "So instead, I'll talk to you how I used to before." She continues. "Why are you here?" Jamie surprises Rowan with the new rude tone. "If you came here to taunt me then I suggest that your ass get back into your car and drive back to your pack house so you can sink in the 'love' of your 'mate'." Jamie smiles. "Anything else? No? Have a nice day." Jamie disappears into the storage room, her words earning a laugh from me.

Rowan studies me with her sharp gaze.

"I believe she told you to leave. So please do abide by her words unless you'd like to be thrown out." I turn my back to her. When Jamie returns from the storage room, Rowan's far-gone. "Hopefully, that'll keep her from coming back here." Jamie sags in relief. I nod, "Oh yes, it definitely will." She smiles at me. "So, tell me about the cutie who texted you earlier," Jamie commands. "Which cutie?" I question, coyly. "Gareth." She says. "You know him don't you?" She nods. "Duh. He was in my former pack." Jamie rolls her eyes.

"How did you know he texted me?" I pick another cloth to fold.

"It popped up when you left your phone to go to the bathroom. So, you'll go out with him right?" She asks. "Maybe. I don't know. I'll think." I say. "What's there to think? He's cute, he's a really, really, nice guy and I'm sure he likes you." Jamie says. "How do you know he likes me?" I ask. "Because Gareth's probably the only wolf to never play around like the others. When he dates women, he does it because he likes them and also, he treats them with respect. Unlike the other macho men in our pack." She snorts. "Give him a chance." Jamie pats me on my back. "Oh, I'll go get the scissors." She leaves, leaving me alone.

"A chance?" I whisper.

"A chance," I confirm.

"I had fun today."

I did have fun today. Gareth and I didn't go on a date that was expensive or uncomfortable. We went on a date that was cheap and enjoyable. After tonight, I'd definitely started to like him more. Maybe a few more dates wouldn't hurt. "I did too." He confirms. We look at each other than stray our eyes away. The end of the date. He's fidgeting. Is he waiting for a signal? Maybe. I lock eyes with him and that's all the confirmation the decent wolf needs. His lips meet mine. At the end of a date, there's always a kiss. There has to be a kiss. Unexpectedly, Gareth's lips are soft against my own and he seems to know how to coax a woman into arousal. I wrap my hands around his broad shoulders. I'm Aroused. And from the looks of it, he is too. "Jamie's home..." I break away from the kiss abruptly, only to whisper the words against his lips. Gareth nods. He backs away. I pull him back. "Is it bad that I want another kiss?" Gareth shakes his head. "You're not the only one."

Oh good god, if only, if only Jamie wasn't home.

"Seeing as to how preoccupied you are, is it a bad time to intervene?" Smirking Jamie rests her shoulder against the doorframe, her intervention surprising us. "Yes, Jamie, it was a bad time." I groan. Gareth chuckles. "I'll call you." He whispers. "I heard that, mister." Jamie folds her hands against her chest. "Hello, Jamie." Gareth tips his head. Jamie only nods. "Okay home, go home. Alexa has a lot of talking to do." She shoos him away. He backs off, hands up in surrender. He winks at me while leaving and I wink right back. "I told you you'd enjoy it." She says as we enter the house.

"Did you have fun?" Jamie questions. "Oh, Jamie, if only I'd sent you to Lucien for the night..." I trail, sinking into the couch. "Don't speak of that bastard." She grumbles. "Speaking of which, did you tell Gareth to keep our little girlfriend thing a secret?" She asks. I nod, "Taken care of." As I head up to my room, I sigh, "You're right, he is a good guy." Jamie smiles. "I told you." Then I groan. "And also such a great kisser." I sway. Jamie laughs. I twirl into my room as I sigh once more.

"Oh Jamie, if only you hadn't been home..."

"Where were you last night?"

Grandma questions. She's masking her anger. "On a date," I reply. Jamie presses her lips together, shoulders sagging. "With whom?" Grandma spreads mixed fruit jam onto the crisp toast. "A boy." Her head whips up so fast, eyes blazing in anger that I can almost feel Jamie shivering. "Fine, his name's Gareth. He goes to the same college as I do." I specify. "You know you're not allowed to come in late. How did you get inside?" I want to say, 'Using the key under the flowerpot,' instead only one word tumbles from my lips before I can stop it, "Jamie." Grandma has now split her wrath into two equal halves. One aimed at Jamie and the other at me. If I'm going down, she's going down with him. She is my girlfriend after all.

"I heard you come inside but kept quiet. Make sure you don't repeat this." With that, she pushes our plates in front of us, picks her bag and umbrella and leaves for the shop. I'd been so caught up in wishing that Jamie wasn't home that I hadn't realized that Grandma was sleeping in the room next to mine. If I'd bought Gareth in my room, I'd be thrown out of the house by today morning.

Looks like my place isn't an option to get laid...