15.

chungha is backkkk yessss *fist pump*

WARNING : mild sexual content ahead 

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Jamie seems to like my apartment.

I know this because she's told me that about a hundred times now. Eastmund dropped us off here about an hour and a half ago and after we talked for some time on the couch, Jamie got to inspecting the apartment, telling me all the things she likes - which is almost everything - and all that she dislikes - which is almost nothing. Not wanting to put off the issue any longer because she might have to leave back to the packhorse soon, I stand up, "Jamie..." She turns around with a smile. "What is it, Alexa?" She comes closer and asks upon viewing my nervous face. Okay, here goes. I take a breath.

"What do you know about Lyca?"

Jamie's eyes widen at my question. "Lyca? Why?" She asks. I shake my head, "Something happened recently and I'll tell you about but I have to know, does your pack grow Lyca?" The Lyca thing did start after Auden's pack moved to town so there had to be a connection. "We do. We grew it back in Pilot Hill too. The pack's still setting up the garden here though." She says. "But you bought the previously harvested herbs here right?" I ask. Jamie nods. "Who handles the garden?" Her face blanches. "I do," Jamie says. "I didn't before, but after I was appointed Gamma, it came under my control. But since I got pregnant, I haven't been near the garden because Rowan told me that some plants there could have adverse effects on the baby." Jamie continues. I bite my lip.

"Jamie, all these months you were away, none of the herbs were stolen or misplaced...?" I ask. She shakes her head initially but sudden pauses, "A month before we moved here, Mimi, someone who handles the garden for me since I got pregnant, noticed that a few of the herbs were missing. She claimed it could've been some animals from the forest who took it but it could've been stolen too." Jamie sits straighter. "Why, Alexa? What happened?" She presses.

"I had my coworker, Claire, here the other day and she said she smelt Lyca," I tell. Jamie's eyes widen a bit. "Where? Show me." I nod. I threw out everything in my refrigerator and some things from the cabinets after the day Claire came over. But I'd kept the bottle of OJ just in case though I didn't touch or drink from it. I open the bottle and hand it to Jamie. She lowers her head and takes a sniff. Biting her lip, she nods. "Yeah, this is Lyca all right." She says.

"Alexa, did you consume this before?" She asks. I nod. She walks to the basin and dumps the juice in, setting the bottle on the counter before walking to me. "Lyca is very powerful Alexa. A little goes a long way." She says. "When Claire was here, she smelt Lyca in all my food. Luckily, a little bit of that juice is all I consumed, I threw out the rest that day itself." I push my hair back from my hair. "God, Jamie, who would do this? And why?" I close my eyes, a hand on my forehead. Jamie touches my arm. "Alexa, you do know what Lyca is for...?" She asks. 

"I do. And that's why I'm so confused." Jamie nods. And then her hands go to her belly as she closes her eyes. "What's wrong Jamie?' Panic surges through me. Is it the baby? Jamie smiles, shaking her head. "It's nothing Alexa. I felt Lucien calling out for me through the pack link. I need to go back, Alexa." She says. I don't want her to go, but she has to. "I'll have Eastmund drop you back near the market area." She nods, knowing I can't go with her or my scent would be too strong and they'd know. I go to the bedroom and bring back the spray with me, handing it to Jamie. "What's this?" She asks. "It a scent masking spray. Claire gave me this but keep it since I have another one. Before you get to Lucien, spray it over yourself so it'll erase my scent but keep your's intact." I smile. She hugs me tight before leaving.