8.

black pink is overrated...said no one ever 

also jisoo is a visual QUEEN 

CHAPTER EIGHT

Jamie and Lucien were going on a date.

And since Jamie didn't want to go alone, she pulled me along with her despite my protests. Similarly, Lucien dragged Auden to tag along. What Alpha is so jobless that he accompanies his beta on a date? Auden, of course. "Hey, doesn't Auden, like have something to do...rather than just roam around with Lucien all day?" I ask as I slip into my sweater. Jamie laughs. "Actually, he never really hangs out with anyone. He always shuts himself in his study. It's only recently that he's been getting out...a lot." She shrugs.

"And what about Rowan? She comfortable with all this?" I cock an eyebrow. "Well, obviously not...you know her, she's the crazy jealous type. Seeing Auden enjoy himself without her must be killing her." Jamie brushes her hair, smoothening the waves down. "Serves her right." She huffs. "Why is Rowan so adamant on mating Auden?" I question. "I don't really know. Ever since Auden shifted packs, she's had her eyes on him and somehow, got the both of them engaged. Now she's thrilled about the wedding." I nod along. "I think she's interested in him for a cliché reason though. You know the whole 'You're the first man to not have any interest in me so I won't stop pursuing you until I conquer your whole heart' sort of thing." Jamie says.

"Why was he not interested in her though...she's smart, beautiful and well, an Alpha's daughter, it would be great to have her on his side..." I point out. "Alexa, you can't make someone like you. And though they're engaged, everyone in the pack knows that Auden only respects Rowan. He doesn't love her. They won't last." Jamie says. "But once the mating and marking are over, aren't they like stuck together?" I ask.

"Unless his true mate comes along." Jamie points.

I remembered what Auden said. I presumed his wolf didn't feel that unbreakable bond with Rowan. And they weren't true mates either. The marking would be...pointless. Jamie was right; they wouldn't last. "Besides, Auden postponed the engagement for two years until he had no choice but to get engaged. I wonder how long he'll postpone the wedding. I feel sad for Rowan." Jamie sweeps the brush along her lips and then smacks her lips together. "Let's go. I told Lucien that I was getting ready an hour ago." Jamie laughs.

"Poor boy." I sigh.

When we reach downstairs, I spot Lucien and Auden standing outside from the window.

"Do you think they heard what we talked about?" I question. "Lucien's not the type to eavesdrop." Jamie points out. "But Auden is." I sigh. Jamie can only shrug. When we open the door, a look passes between Auden and Lucien. As I'm about to leave with Jamie, I'm dragged backward by my collar, as the door slams shut. "Hush now, let the lovebirds be," Auden whispers in my ear. "Oh my god, do you even hear yourself? Let's go; Jamie's waiting." I'm pulled back once again and this time, I fall back on the couch. "No, she isn't, Lucien's going to take care of her so you don't meddle, understood?" Auden scolds as he comes real close, to the point where our noses touch. I glance down, squinting before huffing. Taking off my jacket, I cross my arms against my chest, angrily. I hear a brief laugh from Auden before he too takes a seat on the couch.

"So, what do you want to do?" I don't reply. Auden repeats his question one more time, then another time. He shakes my shoulder lightly but I keep staring ahead, lips pressed into a firm line. "What is your problem?" He finally grits out. "You," I reply. "Are you angry because I didn't let you accompany a couple on their date?" He sarcastically asks. I cock an eyebrow. "Why did you want to go anyway...it'd be boring," Auden sighs. "And this is not?" I ask. "Lucien asked me a favor, I'm only helping him out. It isn't like I want to spend time with you either." He sneers.

"Then leave." I roll my eyes.

"Well, why didn't I think of that before?" He says, "I can't because Lucien wanted me to watch over you. He presumed Jamie would be worried." Watch over me? Auden adds. "Am I a child?" I question. "You sure act like one." Auden fires back. Biting my lower lip, I sink back into the cushion. "Don't worry about your grandma, Rowan wanted her to stay over at the packhouse," Auden says. "You left my grandma with Rowan?" My eyes bulge out. "And dozens of pack members." He adds. "Oh my god! I'm getting her back!" I get off the couch only to be pulled back again.

"Relax...Rowan and your grandmother are quite close..." Quite close? Grandma and Rowan? How irritating.

"So don't worry..." Auden says.

I turn away, pulling my legs in front of my chest. "Now what?" He sighs. "Nothing. I just want to be alone." Why did grandma like Rowan? She was my damn grandmother. Betrayer. "Your thoughts are quite stupid." Auden points out. "Stop getting inside my head," I order. "You know it happens unintentionally right...when you project your thoughts out so strongly, a wolf can't help but listen..." He scoffs. "Does Rowan know that you're babysitting someone she's not particularly fond of?" I question. "She not aware..." Auden rests his back on the cushion. "Why because if she knew she'd drag you back home?" I scoff. When I receive no reply, it's confirmed that my suspicion was true.

"Where are you from?" Auden asks out of the blue. "Alexandria," I reply. "I didn't ask your name." I frown at him. "Alexandria, the city in Louisiana." Auden opens his eyes and mutters an 'Oh.' "Were you named after the city?" He asks. "I think so." I shrug. "I've heard a lot of demons live there. Ever met one?" I shake my head, "I know of their existence, but I've never met any." I press my lips together. "Why'd you shift?" I sigh, "My parents died so..." Auden looks up, "How?" Because of your pack. I'm grateful you saved me, but you killed my family. "My parents went to visit a close friend of theirs and um, that colony got burned down that very night..." I hear his suck a breath. Does he ever feel guilty? Does he even remember? "I...heard about that accident..." Auden says. I scoff, "Oh, it was no accident..." My eyes meet his. "That's what I heard, that it was no accident..." I change my words.

"Deliberately?" He asks; I nod.

Auden doesn't say anything more and I don't press for anything more either. "What about you?" I ask. "Judging from our talk the other day, it seems like this engagement has an ulterior motive..." Auden laughs. "And why would I reveal that ulterior motive to you?" He asks. "No reason, I just thought we were trading information," I say. "You have a lot of secrets." Auden says. "I don't." I shake my head. "You do..." Auden laughs, lowly and wickedly. "And unluckily for you, I seem to have found one out..." I crawl back just as he crawls forward. "And what is that?" I scoff. Inside, I'm trembling but I can't afford to show that.

"That you, dear Alexa, are quite the naughty demon."