12.

hyuna was, is, and always will be a total GODDESS 

CHAPTER TWELVE

FIVE AND A HALF YEARS LATER

"Alexa, we have another one coming in, handle her for me, will you?"

I take a blue file from Claire's extended hand and open it. "Jane Doe?" I raise a brow at Claire. She's packing up her briefcase, getting ready for a meeting to be held in another hour. "Called me up a few days ago with the last pennies she had left." Claire sprays another round of perfume and straightens her skirt. "Do I look okay?" She asks. "You've been stressing about this for a week now. What's going on? What aren't you telling me? Who are you meeting today?" I throw in all my questions at once. She clasps my hands in her own, "I promise, I'll tell you as soon as I get back. Please manage Miss Doe for me right now." Placing a brief kiss on my cheek, she leaves.

The girl recognizes me before I recognize her. "Miss Monroe?" She asks. I nod. "I'm Peyton." I smile as warmly as I can. "Eastmund?" I call out. He comes rushing and without a word, picks up the girl's bags and leaves. "Hello Peyton, Welcome to Hidden Haven." I held out my hand for hers. "Come on, I'll show you around." We step towards the back of the house that we use as a cover and I swipe my hand through the empty air. "Miss Monroe?" Gia asks from the other side. "Let me through," I say. The gates open up to the other side open up and I step aside to guide Peyton through.

"Hidden Haven was first founded in 1862 amidst the Arcane war." I start. Peyton watches me with confusion. "The Arcane War?" She's still blank. "It's like a parallel to the civil war. It was this huge thing among different supernatural species. You're a demon, right? I can smell you, what kingdom are you from?" I ask Peyton. "According to my late biological mother's journal, Aralelia." She replies. I nod, "So this war is what led to the making of the different kingdoms in the supernatural world, the establishment of barriers and rules that applied to the immortals and the creation of the other side by the peacemakers to avoid the risk of being caught by humans." I tell her.

"So, the other side is everywhere and anywhere?" She asks. I nod once again, "It's all around us but there are certain portals to access it and passcodes and all that. The portal we entered through is the portal that you'll be using from now on. Gia's already documented your voice and sometimes, we come across malfunctions which is why within 48 hours we'll provide with a passcode, like as a backup plan in case the voice activation doesn't work. Most of the times it does, but keep your passcode in mind in case it doesn't." I walk forward, hands clasped in front of me like always.

"Also, don't try accessing any other portals around. You'll be tempted but fight against it, you can get into a lot of trouble if you access some other species portals or if you get caught by their security systems. Punishments can be brutal so this is the only portal you know of and will use as of now." I tell her. I've been doing this for two years and every time I say this, I feel like a dictator.

"Continuing with the brief history lesson, Claire Vermont was the founder of this academy, shelter, call it what you like. We demons have close relations with the witches so it was initially funded by a coven in New Orleans courtesy of their head Witch, Mala Nina Morgan. Like its name suggests, it's a safe haven for runaways, castaways, those in need of protection...a safe place for those in need of help. We tend to limit our criteria to only demons and witches, getting other species in her caused a lot of feuds in the past and so as of now, you'll only interact with those of your kind. Claire wanted this place to be special, somewhere where those who were clueless about who they were could find themselves, discover who they are, learn all about the history of their kind, tap into their potentials, maximize their power, grow in knowledge so they can live comfortably both in and out of the human world and stay safe."