10.

talented QUEENS 

bomi, eunji, naeun, namjoo, chorong, hayoung are goddesses 

CHAPTER TEN

My first instinct was to push him back.

I wasn't quite used to men kissing me when I opened the front door. So, I gave him another shove, pushing him out my door. Auden, looked down at me, puzzled. I didn't say anything, I didn't want to. A part of me just wanted to shut the door and get under my covers now that I knew that a werewolf, an Alpha at that, was showing interest in me. The other part felt smug because what I suspected was true, the Alpha was really interested in me. My demon, however, was angry. Angry that a werewolf had the audacity to do what he did.

Choosing to calm my demon, I went to shut the door when Auden pushed through once more with ease. He grabbed my arm and my demon pushed through my restraints. I could already feel the change in the color of my eyes, a common feature when my demon was experiencing an emotion intensely. She wasn't a voice in my head, nor was she a presence that could take over. She was me, with lesser tolerance for thick headed Alphas.

"Get out of my house." I managed to say with clenched teeth. Again, Auden did not speak. He kept looking into my eyes and then, dreadfully, I saw an expression of recognition on his face. "You..." I inhaled sharply, "I know you," He continued, arm still holding on to mine, eyes still locked with my own.

Then, with great force, I managed to push him out and shut the door.

Next morning, I thought a lot about what happened last night.

I didn't feel anything for Auden. I was sure I didn't. Before I met him, however, I did feel something. I felt like I owed him. I owed him for saving my life. I also wanted to know why. Why he saved my life when his pack murdered my family and everyone I knew in front of me. Now that I think about it, I think I'd only liked the idea of him. In my head, he was different from his pack members, a savior, someone kind-hearted. However, when I'd finally met him, I realized that the selfish, arrogant bastard was nothing like the man in my head.

Maybe he saved me to mock me. He knew that when I'd wake up as a newly turned demon, I would've lost everyone I ever cared about. And ugh, I hated that kiss. I hated it. Auden had spoken so pridefully that he'd never stray and yet there was, on my doorstep last night, kissing me while his fiancé tried on wedding dresses. I was definitely never going to move to the packhouse.

Unconsciously, my fingers began grazing the fading claw marks. Being a demon made me strong but since I wasn't born one, I'd take much more time to heal than a normal demon. "How'd you get that?" Jamie inquired. I wasn't taken aback by her sudden presence, I knew she'd been standing at the top of the stairway, debating on how she should break the news that she's moving back to the packhouse. "I won't mind, Jamie." I change the topic. She looks guilty. I smile, "It's okay. You can move back to the packhouse," I say.

She hugs me. I'm not very fond of hugs but I still wrap my hands around her. "I'll still sleep over sometimes. Nothing will change, Alexa." I pat her back. "You don't have to worry, I'll be just fine. That's your home, I won't stop you from going back." I feel her smile against my shoulder. And then she steps away, smirking teasingly. "So you gonna tell me what happened between you and Auden?" I keep my face blank like I don't recognize what she's talking about but it only fuels her more. "Come on now. I heard you grumbling about what an ass he is in your room. You know because of werewolf hearing and all,"

She seats herself on the couch and continues to interrogate me about last night until noon.

"I don't like you."

"I'm aware." Auden casually says while placing his hands on the counter. He looks good-decent today for some reason and for that same reason, I don't feel that repulsive force that arises between us as soon as he enters. But all I wanted was a peaceful day at work. All I wanted was an Auden free day. Unfortunately, what I want is never a part of the equation when a certain Alpha is involved. And I'd told him that when I spotted him enter the shop earlier, and he'd replied the same as right now, "I'm aware."

There is nothing that irritates me more than that.

"So leave. You aren't welcome here." Auden simple shakes his head and grabs a chair. He observes me as I work on a dress and it makes me uncomfortable. "Grandma will freak if she sees you here." Auden nods, "I'm aware." He irritates me. I continue, "I'm guessing she doesn't like you very much." Then I pause and make a show of thinking for a second. "Now that I see, I don't think anyone in town is fond of dear Alpha," I smirk. He rolls his eyes.

"People do...like me." He says. I place a hand on my hip, "Really? Like who?" Auden taps his fingers on the counter, and then answers, "Rowan." I clap twice. "Your fiancé likes you. Astonishing." I say dryly. "There's also Lucian." He adds. "Wow, your fiancé and Beta like you! A true accomplishment." I clap once more. He looks annoyed now. Maybe he'll leave. But then again, I'm guessing that's too much to ask for.

"Do you want me to kiss you again?"

My hands drop to my sides and I freeze. I narrow my eyes at the oaf who only smirks knowingly in that response. "You're not a good kisser by the way," Auden says. I roll my eyes, "I'm sorry if I don't respond to kisses delivered by strangers." Auden scoffs, "I'm not a stranger." I sigh, "Yes, you are." Auden looks at me, smirk growing, "Careful, little demon." I almost knock over my mannequin as I step towards me, hands on my hips once more, "First, I'm not little. Second, don't keep calling me that unless you want me to unleash my power on you." I say.

"I'm scared." He retorts while holding up his hands. I hide my smile.

"Watch it, little Alpha." I walk back to my dress when I'm suddenly turned around. Auden pulls me to his chest. This time my mannequin does fall down as Auden backs me to a wall and once again takes my lips with his. We're in such a position that if I fight against him, all my materials will come tumbling down from the top open cabinets. I stay still as he kisses me. Exactly three-seconds later, my eyes began to close. I try to stop myself but it's hard. It's so hard. My hands stop struggling against his and instead began twitching, hoping to be let free so I can run my hands through his hair.

It's been a long time. It's been a very long time. That's the only way I'm acting like this. We, demons, were naturally very sexual creatures. I don't know how Faye's demon king held out for so long but I can't.

I feel my walls crumble and when they finally fall to the ground, I use my strength to free my hands from his hold and wrap them around his neck. Auden groans into my mouth as he lifts me up, my legs going around his waist. Hands roaming around my body, Auden begins to thrust himself against me as I manage to unbutton his shirt.

A gasp tears us apart and within a second, I'm on the ground, groaning from the pain on my back.

Grandma and Jamie stand open-mouthed in front of us. Auden doesn't waste a second in running after grandma who leaves the store. I feel horrible. Rowan was like her own and I can imagine what she would think of me after this. I'd become the one who ruined everything. Jamie rushes over, helping me up from the ground. My eyes began to burn at the thought of the look on my grandmother's face. She'd hate me. The only person I had left would begin to hate me.

"Go," I tell Jamie. "Alexa-" She starts. I break away from her hold, "Please. Go!" She defies me, staying for a second longer and when she feels me began to shake, she leaves. I'm thankful for that. As soon as I hear the door shut, I crumble to the ground, the weight of my actions hitting me with full force once again. It hurt to have Auden discard me within a second. It hurt to have been witnessed at a moment of weakness.

Most of all, it hurt to have betrayed someone who trusted me.