[Scene Seven]

It had been easier since we'd had that conversation, probably due to the fact that Harry left to go home to London for the remainder of the time we were in France. Once filming ended, the next location was the Netherlands and I'd decided that I was going to stay, instead of choosing the easy option and going home.

Once Harry had left, I was more relaxed and open, spending more time with the crew and making a few friends to hang out with. I started to enjoy myself without the stress of him hanging around flirting with me, and began noticing more about how filming a movie works. All the jobs on set were exciting, but one job in particular had a certain attraction for me.

I'd always loved photography, and used to spend hours walking around taking photos in pretty places. I didn't realise how similar being a photographer (something I'd never considered doing as a job, as it paid poorly) was to being a cinematographer. A cinematographer, or more commonly called a Director of Photography, chose how to place the cameras to get the shot, and created the vibes that a film gave off. The shots used in a horror movie are different to those in a romance movie, thanks to the cinematographer.

So I carried on working on set, partly due to new friends, partly due to this interest in the job, but all due to the fact I was beginning to enjoy myself.

Then the set was packed up and sent to the Netherlands, and Harry returned. I thought it would be fine, that we would avoid each other.

What a fool I was.

//

The building was old, the bricks exposed and the ceilings high. It was stunningly beautiful and I wished that I could photograph it, yet I held no camera. Instead I comforted myself by committing it to memory the best I could, so I could look back on the moment.

We were filming a short scene, but a complicated one full of extras and a moving train. It was a scene where the soldiers going away to war, an uncertain future ahead of them, and are saying goodbye to their loved ones. It's emotional and beautiful, and I rushed through my work so I could watch the filming take place.

I was stood off to the side, keeping to the shadows when Dad spotted me and pulled me into a swift conversation.

"We have a problem." He said quietly, a small crease formed between his eyebrows. "I need you to do something."

"Of course." I said immediately, thinking it would be something simple, like carrying a prop or bringing someone coffee. I had no idea of what was to come.

"Well, you know that in the scene we're shooting, the wives and girlfriends are saying goodbye to the soldiers?" He asked and I nodded, wondering where in the hell this was going. He hesitated before continuing, "Harry is playing a soldier, and we need someone to play his girlfriend.."

He trailed off, giving me a hopeful smile that did nothing to change my stony expression. Like hell was I doing anything in front of the camera, especially not as Harry's love interest.

"No." I said simply. "Why can't another girl do it? There's plenty of them around."

"They've already been assigned a boy, and we didn't realise that the girl who was hired hasn't shown up. I recommended you, because I knew you could be professional about it." He explained and I rolled my eyes. Like hell. I knew exactly what he was up to, behind this facade. He was trying to play cupid.

"Dad I don't need you to be my matchmaker."

"I'm not trying to be! I just thought you'd be the best person for the job." He said but I wasn't convinced. I was preparing to adamantly refuse but then Christopher Nolan wandered over, clutching a clipboard and looking stressed.