Chapter 11: Mystery Is My Weapon, And Your Death-Scarlet The Unknown

Scarlet the Unknown, a girl shrouded in mystery, but unknowingly she becomes an open book near a dark, broken, and bloody, Lost Silver.

"Scar? Where are we going?" Silver questions as they walk around inside the gates of the academy. Scarlet smiles back at him, and walks beside him. 

"Nowhere. I just wanted to walk around with you, Silver. You don't mind, do you?" She questions him. He shakes his head.

"Great!" Scarlet walks around with her hands behind her back. Silver casts his sad eyes over at her every now and again. 

"Why do you hang out with me? I'm so depressing." Silver questions her after a moment of long silence. Scarlet stops and looks at him. She tilts her head to the side, her blond hair sliding to the left, her purple and pink streaks becoming slightly dull at the sight of a passing cloud.

"You don't judge me or torture me like those monsters." Scarlet says with a soft smile. 

"Monsters? The real monsters are living in here." Silver says not understanding what she meant. Scarlet shakes her head. 

"I know what you're saying, but the real monsters were those humans. Who tortured me, and thought I'd never do anything about it. It's their fault I do the same to everyone I don't like." Scarlet says, her eyes glazing over, and her emotions suddenly hide.

"They broke me, and I became this. . .thing that takes great pleasure in killing. Well, I suppose it wasn't all bad. I'm here now with you after all." Scarlet says and runs her fingers through her hair. Catching it in a few tangles.

"I wish I could touch your hair." Silver says distractedly aloud. Scarlet lightly blushes. Her emotions returning to her as the moment of pain passes for her.

"You do?" She questions him. Now it's his turn to blush. 

"I. . .Y-yes, is that weird?" Silver questions her. Scarlet giggles and shakes her head. 

"No, it's okay, really!" She says with a chuckle. Excitement and happiness fill her in the same manner as when she is torturing her victims. This just requires a little less blood spilling from her behalf.

Scarlet and Silver stop as they see a group of students coming out of the academy building. Scarlet squints her eyes to see who it is. 

"It's Laughing Jack, Alice, Yuki, Carrie, Jeff, Eyeless Jack, and Zalgo. The usual crowd that seems to follow Alice everywhere." Silver says watching her skip around them.

"You're saying it like it's a bad thing. Alice needs friends too." Scarlet says to him. 

"I guess that's true, but. . .Never mind. Lets go inside." Silver says, obvious tension in his voice. 

"What do you mean? I thought you were friends with Laughing Jack." Scarlet questions him a little confused. 

"I was. He hardly knows I exist anymore. Ever since Alice came around he's devoted all of his time to her." Silver tells her. 

"I guess there is something weird about her, and I don't just mean with the way she dresses, I mean we're all weird in that perspective. Now I'm just wondering what kind of influence she has here." Scarlet questions.

"We are, aren't we?" Scarlet yells as Alice pops up behind them. She giggles and looks between the two. "So sorry, didn't mean to startle you two." Alice says swaying back and forth on her heels. They look at her. 

"Too innocent." They think to themselves. Alice giggles.

"Hey, Silver. Since when have you been out here?" Laughing Jack questions Silver. 

"I've been out here for a while now." He answers observing his former friend. "What brings you out here?" He questions Laughing Jack.

"Alice wanted to come out and entertain herself." Laughing Jack says casting a smile at her. She giggles and nods her head.

"Scarlet!" Yuki hugs from behind, slightly startling the distracted girl. 

"Oh, Yuki." She says not sure how to respond to her touches. 

"Yuki, you know most of us aren't used to your affection." Alice says twirling a lock of her red bangs. Yuki smiles and tries to hug Alice, but she twirls away.

"No. No. Alice, doesn't like being touched-" 

"You let Laughing Jack touch you!" She says acting spoiled again. Alice puts a finger to Yuki's lips. 

"Let me finish, Yuki. I don't like being touched. . .by women so sweetly." Yuki stomps her foot stubbornly, but Alice doesn't care or mind.

"I'm bored again! Lets go someplace else! Like to see Mr. Scaredy!" Alice says skipping over to Laughing Jack and taking his hand. Pulling him away from Silver and Scarlet.

"Alice!" Yuki calls out to her. "Bye, Scarlet." Yuki says and runs after Alice.

"They are a strange group." Scarlet mentions to Silver. She watches the group disappear back into the Academy, it's like they only came outside for the sole purpose of interrupting the moment between her and Silver.

"Yeah, no kidding. I've noticed that Alice can never stay still." Silver mentions to Scarlet. She squints her eyes, and finds Blood trying to hide in the trees as she follows the group around.

"Is that Blood?" Scarlet questions. 

"Where?" Silver looks around not seeing her. Scarlet looks at the tree again. 

"Oh, she's gone. I wonder why she's following them around." Scarlet mentions to Silver. 

"Maybe Blood distrusts Alice as much as a lot of the students here. She wants to find something on her, but I don't really know if she's hiding anything with how open she seems." He tells her. Scarlet watches at the emptiness ahead of her. She bites her fingernail slightly. She doesn't feel convinced that Alice isn't hiding anything.

"Maybe there is a reason to distrust her." Scarlet says. A sudden throb in her temple pulls her lips into a smile. 

"Torture the answers out of her." 

She hears a mad voice in her mind. Scarlet puts her trembling fingers to her torture bag over her shoulders. Her heart pounds again as the excitement of torturing someone immortal brings out new creative ideas. She can go so much further and hurt so much deeper than someone mortal.

"Scarlet?" Silver questions as she starts walking ahead. She doesn't hear him, and keeps walking. Following the same path the others took.

"Mystery is my weapon, and your death." 

Alice giggles and sets her hands down. She coaxes her towards her with a simple movement of her finger before she skips away as Scarlet turns the corner.

"I'm coming to torture you, Alice." Scarlet says quietly to herself. Not being able to spot Alice, but a tug in her mind is pulling her along, she doesn't have enough will to fight off the feeling. The prospect of torture is too much of a temptation.

"Scarlet? Where did you go?" Silver looks around confused, having had lost track of Scarlet. He frowns concerned, unsure of what to do about Scarlet. Her mind is broken and it is at risk at being manipulated by some of the beings in the school. "Scarlet, I won't let her have you in her bloody grasp."

"I mean not that you could really do anything to stop it." Silver jumps as Laughing Jack comes around the corner behind him. He looks over at his grinning friend who happily eats candy as he watches him.

"Is she worth all of this? Playing as her pawn? She doesn't actually like you-" Laughing Jack's long arm stretches out further as he wraps it around Silver's neck. He doesn't really react physically since he is so used to the pain and torture. His brow furrows to show the sadness in his black pits. He has lost his friend.

"I'm her favorite, that's all that matters."