Chapter 16: Harlie's Investigation

"Today is the day I figure out what you're planning, Alice of Human Sacrifice. I will quench my thirst of curiosity as to who you are. I've already learned so much from the little things I've learned in history." Harlie looks at old newspaper clippings, and pieces she's cut off of her history textbook. She tacks up the latest information about her murders in Rutledge asylum. She shakes her head at the picture of Alice smiling up into the security camera. A simple child, who killed all the inmates and doctors, no survivors.

Harlie reaches for her bag. A bag filled with ideal spy equipment she ordered discreetly, unbeknownst to the academy's finances. She's so happy to have made an ally out of Blood who managed to get her information on bank accounts and cards associated with the academy.

She pokes her head out of her dorm room, and looks around the empty halls. She nods her head, and steps out of her room. She listens carefully, but there is no sound around her, except the sounds of the buzzing lights over her head.

"Lets see, Alice's room is the one at the end of the hall of the girl's side." Harlie fixes up her bag, and quietly walks down the hall towards the direction of Alice's room. The halls start to fill with murmurs and giggles. She slightly tenses, but keeps quiet. Not daring to back down now.

She reaches Alice's plain wooden door, and presses her ear against it. Silence fills Alice's room, which is very much unlike her. Harlie softly moves her head away, and gasps as she finds blood staining her hair. She looks at the once simple door filled with blood. A bloody smile forming on the door. Harlie frowns, and reaches for the doorknob. She twists it softly until she hears a click.

"First mistake, Alice. Never leave your door unlocked in an academy full of killers." Harlie says with a smile before opening the door and stepping in. "What the hell?" Harlie questions as she looks at the weird world she just stepped into. 

"This looks so much like Alice in Wonderland." Harlie mutters as she walks deeper into a place that is far too large for the little rooms they were originally assigned. The place she has come to is it's own world. A bright place, full of colors, stars, moon, candy clouds, bubbles floating here and there, pink rivers, blue skies, music of peace and prosperity playing everywhere.

"Am I in the right room?" Harlie questions as she looks behind her, but the door is now gone. She frowns. "Looks like I'm stuck in this lovely world." She says meaning it since a lot of her favorite things make up this strange world.

"I guess Alice isn't all blood, guts, and gore like she lets on to be. What an interesting discovery." Harlie says watching a bubble land right at the tip of her nose before it pops, and plays a small tune just for her. She smiles softly, and goes on. Letting her curious self take over and explores the strange world.

Harlie reaches a small forest, and hears a child giggling. She speeds up her process until she finds a little girl with her back turned to her. The little girl is crouched down, her long brown hair cascading down her hunched back. Harlie steps closer to look at the little girl wearing a white dress.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Harlie questions her. The little girl giggles as she continues to do what she is doing. "Hey!" Harlie says a little louder. The little girl doesn't turn, so Harlie steps up, and goes to see what the little girl is doing. 

She gasps as she sees the little girl removing and rearranging the organs of a small bunny. She looks at the little girl, who looks up at her with no eyes, blood running down her cheeks, a smile carved on her face.

Harlie falls back on her bottom at the surprise of seeing the little girl. "Why so serious?" She questions tilting her head to the side, but it snaps and falls off. Rolling away from her body over towards Harlie's feet. Blood spews out of her neck, and hits Harlie's face. She wipes away the blood and sees the corruption invading the paradise.

Harlie stands up abruptly, and looks towards a path. The path back to where she had come from is suddenly flipped around even if she hadn't moved at all besides going to see what the little girl had been doing. Her gaze remains on the path before she stands up quickly and sprints out of the area. Tar monsters start reaching for her legs. She jumps over them, and then regrets it. The earth changes and now she falls towards a red pool of blood.

She swims her way back up to the surface and finds land fairly close to how she had fallen. She hops out, and wipes away the blood from her eyes.

"Curious Kitty! Glad you could make it!" Harlie jumps and looks up at Alice sitting on a throne, dressed as a bloody Queen of Hearts. She looks to find her allies beside her as well, dressed in their normal attire: Laughing Jack, Jeff The Killer, Slenderman, Zalgo, Eyeless Jack, Yuki, and Carrie.

"I see you stumbled into my little Wonderland, don't you love it?" Alice questions twirling her knife around. Slicing up her palm every now and again. 

"How long did you know I was in here?" Harlie questions keeping to the ground. Blood clotting up in her curls.

"Since my blood tasted you the moment you pressed your cute little ear against that door." Harlie looks back to find the door she came through. 

"So you faked that world to get me in here, right?" Alice giggles, and nods her head. 

"You got that right, Brainiac!" Alice swings her legs back and forth before jumping off her throne to land in front of Harlie, gracefully.

"So, does Curious Kitty want to know what Alice is up to?" Alice questions bending down to look down at Harlie. 

"Of course I want to know!" Harlie says to her. Alice stands up straight, and looks at her twisted world, filled with: corruption, evil, insanity, darkness, blood, destruction, and death. 

"What do you think, Curious Kitty? It's lovely isn't it?" Alice questions changing the subject again.

"What do they all know that nobody else does?" Harlie questions Alice, as they look back over at the others. Jeff looking directly at Harlie with his permanent smile widening. 

"A lot, cutie. A lot. Wanna find out? Come with us." Jeff says stepping next to Alice, and putting his hand out to her. "So, what do you say? Wanna join?" Jeff questions with his hand put out for Harlie. She looks at his white hand, knowing one of her two options: Join and know what she wants or say 'no', and find out what Alice is truly capable of.

"Well, Curious Kitty? Think hard, but not long. Will you join us?" Alice questions tilting her head to the side. She can't help but wonder what risk she can take and how far the game will go if she declines or accepts. Harlie smiles and decides her game.