Chapter 18: You're Not The Only One That Wants Her Dead

"There you all are!" Harlie looks up from her notes as she spots Jane coming towards them (Blood, Scarlet, Broken, and Gluttony). The masked woman stands before them, crossing her arms over her chest, always keeping her knife in her gloved hand.

"What is it, Jane?" Harlie questions her. 

"What is Alice's weakness?" Jane questions her. Harlie gives Jane a questioning gaze. 

"I'm going to kill her today. She ended up in the nurses office, and is sleeping there." Jane says, twitching with anticipation. Harlie shakes her head.

"You can't kill her. You can mutilate her all you'd like, but you can't kill her." Harlie says to her. 

"WHY NOT?!" Jane demands. 

"She's the embodiment of evil. Evil will always exist in this world, and we're that proof. We," Harlie comes to a realization. "We strengthen her." She whispers out.

"Please! Everyone can die! Even Alice! I'll even come back with her heart! I doubt she can really live without it!" Jane storms off before Harlie could stop her and remind her that Alice doesn't have a heart. Gluttony rises from her seat, and follows after Jane's distancing figure. The others exchange a glance before doing the same thing.

Harlie finds it odd that none of Alice's "servants" are with her. Jane easily steps inside to the empty infirmary. The girls watch from the door as they find Alice sleeping, even with a grin, on the small bed. Her arms crossed over her chest like as if she were dead and in her casket.

"Don't go to sleep. You won't wake up." Jane plunges the knife into Alice's chest, and starts to drag it down. Hoping to bring the heart with it. She opens Alice's chest, staining her gloves. Jane gasps, not finding what she was looking for.

"Why so serious?" Alice questions opening her eyes, and blood drips out of her mouth. She giggles. "Did Janey, finally see that Alice has no heart? Are you stupid?" Alice questions her mockingly. "Is this how it's supposed to look?" Jane screams as Alice claws a heart on to her chest.

"Should I rip it out to see if that is what it looks like?" Alice questions Jane. Blood hisses and stabs her hand through Alice's neck. Her grin broadens to an almost inhuman form, like the way Jeff's smile is carved on to his face, but Alice's smile is spreading on its own.

"Blood. More blood." Alice says happily as she throws her head back, but it makes her head fall off. The head rolls towards Harlie and she looks at it. The inhuman monster still grinning at her. She makes a face of disgust and steps on it. Crushing it under her foot. She looks around.

"Where did you go off and hide, Alice?" Harlie questions. 

"Back here in the crowd." All the girls jump at the sound of Alice's voice. They all look back to find her gone. They turn again to find her in the infirmary. With both Blood and Jane unconscious at her feet. Alice waves her fingers at the stunned girls as she tilts her head to the side.

"Ladies, why so serious?" Alice questions. None answer her as they watch her. "Aw, too bad. Try again. Bye bye, Curious Kitty! Maybe you'll find out what Alice is up to." Alice's voice echoes as she becomes a pool of blood.

"What now? Are they even alive?" Scarlet questions, and heads over to check up on Blood and Jane. She puts her hands to their mouths, and finds that they are still breathing. 

"Still alive. Why is she toying with us?" Scarlet questions. Harlie keeps an eye on the faded blood.

"For her entertainment. She's never satisfied, so she uses all of us, but doesn't kill the ones that can be killed." Harlie explains to Scarlet. They hear a flap of wings, and they turn to find Gluttony going to meet Eyeless Jack halfway.

"And whose side is she on?" Harlie mentally questions, putting her finger to her chin. She watches them just standing in front of each other, not knowing what Eyeless Jack is saying since his face is covered by his mask. Gluttony has her back to them, so she can't see her talking either. After a while Eyeless Jack strokes her cheek, and heads back in the direction he came from, away from them. Harlie manages to see Zalgo had waited up for him, before they both turn the corner and leave them all again in silence and wonder.

Gluttony doesn't return to them, and remains in place. Broken puts a hand to Harlie's shoulder, motioning for her to go to Gluttony while she and Scarlet check on Blood and Jane. Harlie nods her head, and makes her way towards Gluttony, who is shaking.

Harlie slows her pace, and sees that the trembling isn't sorrow, but anger. "I'll destroy her." Gluttony says as her eyes flash darker than they already are. 

"What did he say to you?" Harlie questions her. Gluttony looks over at her with a dark gaze, but keeps her hunger in check, since Harlie doesn't have enough insanity to fill her.

"He wouldn't change his mind. He is staying with that evil woman for their "Purpose" to be fulfilled." Gluttony says as she gnashes her obsidian teeth together. Harlie puts a hand to her head, still trying to figure out what more she is missing to discovering what Alice is really doing.

                                      ~0~

"Wow, Cherny, you really shocked me there. You truly are loyal to me." Alice says impressed as she looks down at Eyeless Jack, who bows before her. 

"I said I was loyal to "The Cause", so I will not let my feelings get in the way." He says to her. Alice giggles, and looks over at Laughing Jack, who nods his head.

"My goodness, all of you impress me honestly. For once. I am impressed that you've all put your feelings aside, and stayed by my side." Alice says with a grin as she stands up. Laughing Jack and Zalgo step away from her throne, and stand below her. Bowing before their bloody queen.

"Same with me." Jeff says stepping away from the pillar he was leaning on to bow before her. 

"As am I, m'lady." Slenderman says as he too kneels before her. Yuki and Carrie stand on either side of the guys and do the same. Alice puts a hand to her cheek.

"I am truly touched. I have never had such loyal followers. Truly what an amazing sight." Alice says with a sigh. Alice's grin broadens, and she skips back to her throne. Sitting on it upside down.

"Yes, it's almost time. It's so close. I'm counting down the days. Wonderland is coming!" Alice says happily laughing like a child who was just told a funny joke. The others remain on the ground, and smile all to themselves. Prepared to follow the orders of their "savior".