Chapter 23: If You Can't Beat 'em, Join 'em

The italicized lyrics Harlie sings is the song Discord by Eurobeat Brony. I didn't know about it until DiscordedGirl (My Bro) showed it to me, and now I love the song!!

____________________________________________________

"Why so serious?" Alice questions tilting her head to the side. The girls open and close their mouths trying to figure out what to say or what to do. She's just standing there, like everything that happened was all an illusion. Yet, the broken academy is proof that it all had happened.

"H-how, did you manage to escape Raven? She looks like someone who knows what she is doing. I'm sure she would have known you were alive." Harlie says to Alice in a shaky tone. Alice grins wide as she watches their faces filled with mixed emotions.

"I have so many new abilities thanks to all of the wonderful students I absorbed. It's useful when you can hide in simple technology." Alice says looking over at Harlie, who looks into her pocket to find her phone still there. "Thanks for helping me escape." Alice says to her. Scarlet looks on horrified. She can't believe that something like that would have saved her.

"Th-that's why BEN was in the nightmare... He wasn't Blood's illusion, but your pawn to give us hope." Harlie makes Alice giggle as she says aloud the clever plan she had made up for herself. Then she stops and her face becomes neutral. As if she wanted to hide the annoyance in her. That is usually something she doesn't like to show others.

"I lost two of my sacrifices. That is a big no no for Alice. At least there are more than one worthy sacrifice before me already. Who shall I-" 

"I'm not a fan of puppeteers, but I've a nagging fear-

Alice starts to laugh at the trembling song coming out of Harlie. Alice stops, and waits for Harlie to sing more. Harlie takes the bait, and sings a little louder. She loses herself in the spell of the song.

"Someone else is pulling at the strings Something terrible is going down through the entire town
wreaking anarchy and all it brings I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all. I curse the name, the one behind it all... Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon. And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon. Discord, whatever did we do? To make you take our world away?" Harlie sings, and Alice's eyes, ears, and nose start to bleed, but her smile remains in place. Scarlet covers her ears that are bleeding also.

"STOP, HARLIE! YOU'RE KILLING ME!" Scarlet screams out, but Harlie doesn't stop. She only sees Alice, who stays in place, her face filled with blood. Her smile still in place. Both their heads pound in the worst pain imaginable.

"Discord, are we your prey alone, Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne? Discord, we won't take it anymore. So take your tyranny away! I'm fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go. Now the world is being torn apart. A terrible catastrophe played by your symphony, what a terrifying work of art!" Scarlet's eyes roll to the back of her head, and she falls lifeless to the ground. Alice looks down at Scarlet, crouching down to her. 

The song of death had stopped. Harlie looks down as she realizes she just killed Scarlet while Alice enjoyed every moment of her brain being destroyed.

"Immortal, huh? That's not immortality, dear. I am though. The truer definition of it." Alice says with a dark grin before putting her hand to Scarlet's heart. Her hand becomes a claw and she digs it out of her chest, taking a satisfying bite from the still organ. Blood splatters all over her face and dress, making her an even bloodier mess. The only thing she does is clear her eyes from the blood that had spilled.

Alice stands in front of Harlie, smiling down at the shorter girl. Harlie's gaze leaves Scarlet and she looks right into Alice's eyes, she doesn't even try to sing again.