Chapter 22: Alice Vs. Raven (Part 1)

"What?! But we woke up and came here! So... Carrie's combustions! They knocked us out then!" Broken realizes where Harlie was going with her thoughts. She nods in agreement and they both stand up, Broken letting go of the despair she was feeling, and lets hope fill her as she realizes this is all a nightmare.

"The world of dreams is her domain! We have to go back to the others and tell them! We have to find a way to wake up!" Harlie pulls Broken's arm and they run down the hall, but it seems to extend and they get nowhere. 

"Even if we realize that, it looks like our brains are convinced this is real life!" Harlie stops running and the hallways also stops extending. Broken looks to Harlie, wondering what she can come up with to get them out of that situation. To get them back on track to warn the others.

Harlie looks to Broken before nodding and sitting on the ground. Broken realizes Harlie is going to map out a plan in her head, so all she can do is watch over Harlie and make sure no one comes to interrupt her or attack them. 

"What's taking them so long? Why is she sitting down?" Scarlet looks down the hall at Broken and Harlie. She clicks her tongue in annoyance and tries to go towards them, but the hall stretches out. She stops and looks back at the others who look just as surprised to see that had just happened.

"Um, why did that... no, how the hell did that happen?!" Blood questions with annoyance filling her voice. She looks over to BEN who doesn't seem to be as surprised. "BEN, you know what's happening, don't you?!" All three girls look over to BEN who looks between all of them. He sighs, relenting to their overwhelming looks.

"Yeah, I was confused when I started my day, but things started to click when I started to see familiar patterns seen in dreams. Right now, we're all caught in a giant nightmare." Their eyes all widen as they come to the same conclusion no doubt the other two have come to realize.

"Then I'll wake myself up! Silver has to be alive then!" Scarlet grabs Blood's knife and goes to stab herself, but Gluttony grabs a hold of her wrist.

"Stop, don't do that. Our minds think this is real, so we could really hurt ourselves. This is like when people start going insane, or when they hallucinate. Their minds think it's real, even though a lot of impossible things seems to be happening." Scarlet looks at her and then frowns in defeat. She hates that she has to wait a moment longer to be with Lost Silver again.

"Then these bodies, are they the real students or our nightmare figures?" Blood questions BEN. 

"Hard to tell, sorry. I can only assume some of them are fake and some of them are real. We can only hope our friends didn't get caught up in this nightmare." BEN tells them. The girls all look at each other, wanting to find out how to wake themselves up. 

                                                   ~0~

Alice watches as Sally squirms under her foot, and she watches horrified as Alice takes out the stuffing of Charlie. "Why so serious, Sally?" Alice questions with a giggle. She tries to choke out Charlie's name, but Alice crushes her windpipes. Sally is pressed further against her mattress, nearly burying her body in her sheets and blankets.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Looks like I broke those." Alice gives her a bloody grin, and then suddenly jumps away. She lands in a crouched position at the head of her throne. Her grin becomes a scowl.

"Raven. I'm not surprised you weren't affected by my sleeping spell either." She says with all the hate in the world. Raven pulls back her black scythe, and then looks down at Sally, who looks at her fearfully. Raven turns her scythe to the rod end, pressing it on Sally's forehead. "An innocent girl robbed of her life, far too soon. Stuck in a dark world with no peace, but that ends now. One less killer in this world. Rest in peace, Sally." Raven says to her. Sally's fear goes away in that moment and she closes her eyes, smiling, before vanishing into a ball of white light.