Two

E m m e l i n e

"Hello, Emmeline. It's nice to meet you."

Harry's fingers squeeze mine tightly to the point I can feel his cold rings digging into the skin of my palm. I shake his hand back and release it, only to have him clasp mine tighter. I awkwardly stand there with my hand limp in his, shifting on one foot from the other when I see the smirk and mischief in his eyes. My cheeks burn with embarrassment and the dimple on his cheek appears when he presses his lips together to contain his grin, finally dropping my hand.

"Okay!" Barbra chirps from beside Harry and claps her hands once, pulling my attention away from him. "Emmeline, you don't start until Friday. Is there something you needed?"

I blink at her for a second, my thoughts jumbled with the surprise of finding Harry here before I jolt when I remember why I came in the first place. "Oh!" I quickly reach into my bag, pulling out the paper she had told me to fill out last week. "I just came to give you my school schedule you mentioned you needed me to write out."

"Oh, yes. This will come in handy right now." She takes the paper from me and steps to the counter where I see another paper lying on. Harry and I both stand there, him staring at me while I constantly look at everything else but him. Barbra glances over her shoulder and furrows her eyebrows when she looks at us, waving us over. "Both of you come here."

Harry turns around first and moves to one side of Barbra while I go to the other, looking over her shoulder to see her writing out the days of the week on a blank sheet of paper. "Harry, are you in school?"

"Yes, I'll be starting next week at NYU."

"Oh same as Emmeline!" She says excitedly with a wide smile while Harry presses his lips together to refrain from laughing. "What will your schedule be like?"

"I only have classes Tuesday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday's but they're also all morning classes."

"What time do your last classes end?"

"On Tuesday's and Thursday's, 11:50am. On Wednesday's, 9:50am."

She nods and looks down at my paper that I had just handed her when my face flushes even more, knowing what she's going to say when she looks up with delighted eyes. "You and Emmeline practically have the same schedule ." She laughs and Harry's eyes flicker up to meet mine, eyebrow arching while the corner of his mouth twitches.

"Oh really?" He asks, sounding interested when he leans his hip against the counter and crosses his arms over his chest. Don't you dare look Em. "What's your schedule like?"

I shrug, pretending that I wasn't in the least bit fazed when really I was wondering if this meant him and I were going to be working the same shifts. "I only have classes Tuesday's and Thursday's, and I get out at 2:50pm."

He nods, a faint smile on his lips. I ignore the way it sends chills down my back and look back at Barbra who's writing Harry's school schedule at the bottom of the blank paper. She looks between both my paper and Harry's, eyebrows furrowed in concentration before she looks up at the both of us. "Alright, are you both okay with working on the days you have classes? After you get out of course."

"Yes." We both say simultaneously, our eyes catching for a moment when I break the eye contact to look back at Barbra.

"Okay." She nods and grins when she sets the papers down. "I have six other employees and most of the time I schedule them in pairs, with people who have similar schedules. I have two other students who have classes the days you don't, and then are off the times you two have class." She points between the both of us, checking to see we're caught up before continuing. "So what I'm going to do is schedule the both of you on the same shifts. You two won't always be working together, I understand things come up and schedules change but that's how it's going to be as of right now. We are not that busy with it about to be September, but the moment the holidays come around this place gets packed. So I need you both here if you're scheduled, and if you need to call out or switch a shift, come talk to me and I'll check with the other employees. Got it?"