Twenty-six

Credit goes to whoever made that hot amazing edit above. 🔥😍

* * * * * * *

Harry

My cold wet body shook in fear as I bent over her immobile body. Her dark soaked hair was fanned out against the grass, black strands sticking to the side of her pale face. I reached out with a shaky hand to push it away, moving to cup her cheeks carefully with my palms as I brushed away the wet droplets on her face. Her lips were turning purple and I could feel my heart pounding quickly in my chest when I whispered her name several times only for her eyes to remain closed.

"Emmeline, baby, please wake up." I cried softly, shuffling forward on my knees and dragging my hands to her chest.
I swallowed a sob down, blinking back the sting in my eyes as I quickly pushed my weight on my hands, lifting myself up and repeating the action as her body moved from the pressure of my hands. Her eyes stayed shut and after three times of pressing my hands to her chest, I leaned down and opened her mouth a fraction, plugging her nose with two of my fingers before breathing air into her mouth. I watched her chest rise and fall when I did and I moved back up and did it again, pushing against her chest then moving down again to press my mouth to hers. I kept doing this, growing desperate when after the sixth round her body still lied limp on the floor. I felt my throat closing and I forced myself to blink back the tears that were beginning to blur my vision with each failed try, but I was losing hope.

"Em," I choked out, pressing my palms against her harder. "Please wake up." My voice cracked and I brought my mouth down to hers, transferring my own air to her. I pulled back, pushing my hands hard against her chest as I looked down at her white face. At her purple lips, the hand marks around her throat, her dark hair surrounding her on the floor. She looked dead. I shook my head at the thought, a sob choking out from the back of my throat as my hands pushed harder and my vision began to blur again. It's not working, she's not waking up.

"Emmeline," I growled in anger and sadness, pushing against her chest with my hands now crossed over the other. "Wake up!" I shouted, ignoring the sudden onslaught of voices surrounding me. There was chaos, loud voices shouting but I didn't care about anything else as I stared at the girl before me, eyes closed and her lips slightly parted. She looked so similar to the way she did when she slept. Though I knew there was a striking difference with the way her skin looked sickly white and how she felt cold. Too cold for what would be considered healthy. The sob I had been suppressing finally breaks free as I stare at her, my eyes blurred with tears that blended with the water already on my face. I'm a fucking mess, crying hysterically with my heart breaking in my chest as my hands began to slow their compressions. "Em please," I begged her lifeless body, bending down to put my lips to hers again and breathing a large amount of air into her. I pulled away, letting my lips linger against her still ones. "I need you to wake up, you can't die on me," I cried loudly, hearing the voices around me get closer. "Em, I love you. And I need you to wake the fuck up so I can tell you that."

Nothing.

I let my head fall into the crook of her neck, crying in pain as my own body slumped over hers. I couldn't move, not when it hurt this fucking bad. I felt like every piece of my insides where being ripped apart, like my heart in my chest was literally bleeding. If she wasn't going to wake up then I didn't want to move, not with out her by my side.

Before I have the chance to continue with my compressions, I feel a hand resting on my shoulder. I force my head up, turning to look at the person standing behind me to see it was Louis. My eyebrows drew together in confusion, his bleeding lip now dried up. His eyes were sad as he stared down at me until his gaze slid to Em who still lied unconscious in front of me.