Forty-two

Edit up top made by me. Harry and Emmeline are so cute

* * * * * * *

After brief introductions were made between Lila and Anne, we all finally had gathered around Lila's car to put our bags in the trunk. Or more so, we left our bags at the foot of the car and left Harry to do it all while us girls climbed into the car. Lila was already chatting Gemma's ear off and by the smile on her face I could tell them two were definitely going to get along.

Liam, who was sitting in the front seat looking down at his phone turned around at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw Gemma before his gaze darted to me questionably. "Gemma," I interrupted hers and Lila's conversation and gestured to Liam. "This is my cousin Liam."

Gemma smiled and held her hand out to Liam, who eyed her carefully. But by the way he steadily let his gaze wander her body I knew for a fact he found her attractive. "Hi, I'm Harry's older sister."

"Oh," his eyes widened a little and he reached out to swiftly shake her hand. "Didn't know he had any siblings."

"I don't live here, I reside in England."

"Yeah?" He twisted more around and I pressed my lips together when I noticed the lopsided grin he was giving her. Why he even tried when we all knew he was head over heels for Morgan was beyond me. "Well you should stick around, we're a fun bunch."

The door beside me opened then and Harry slid in, eyes narrowing slightly as he slammed the door closed. "And you should stop flirting with my sister."

Unembarrassed, Liam met Harry's stare full on. "I will when you stop fucking my cousin."

Harry blanched at that and I felt my cheeks warming up as both Gemma and Lila laughed. Harry pursed his lips as if he was actually thinking about it then shook his head. "Nah, pussy too bomb."

Liam made an inhuman noise, reaching behind him to swing at Harry but he had dodged it just in time. A satisfied smirk was on his face as he leant back, throwing an arm behind me on the seat. He looked so smug I had the urge to wipe the look off his face but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the situation amusing.

"Are we picking up Caesar now?" I asked Lila before Liam could go on about how Harry needed a filter. Lila turned on the car, glancing briefly at me over her shoulder and nodding.

"Yeah, we're heading over to his right now then we'll head to New York."

"Cool."

"Who's Caesar?" Gemma asked beside me, face etched in curiosity.

"He's my best friend, also the guy who took a bullet for me during the er-, kidnapping." I told her a little awkwardly and her face became sullen at the mention of that topic. I hoped she didn't start delving into questions because I was not prepared to start lying right now. Having two other people here that I've lied to as well makes it more possible for one of them to catch a hole in a lie I might tell Gemma.

"Oh, wow." Is what she finally said, blinking once before she looked away and nodded. "Well cool. I'm excited to meet him."

The car fell into an awkward silence and I felt Harry shifting uncomfortably beside me. Thankfully, Lila was quick to jump in and diffuse the tension. "Have you spoken to Niall?"

Harry tensed and I laid a hand over his thigh. "No, why?"

"Just wanted to know if that girl he was inviting accepted his offer or not."

"Oh, I don't know." I told her and shrugged. "I was going to text him yesterday but I-I got held up." I mumbled and Liam looked over his shoulder at me, an apologetic look on his face. I know he probably wanted to talk about what happened but now was not the time. "I guess we'll find out when we get to New York."