Twenty-two

"We keep this love in a photograph."

Listen to photograph by Ed Sheeran while reading this chapter<3

* * * * * *

Harry held my hand as he walked us out of my building, a small grin on his face when I thanked him for holding the door open for me. I began to head down the sidewalk in the direction of the subway when Harry gripped my elbow, pulling me the opposite way. I looked up at him confusedly when he gestured to the curb, where a sleeked silver Land Range Rover was parked. I watched Harry walk over to it, fishing the keys out of his pocket before unlocking the car.

"You got a car?" I asked with raised eyebrows, eyeing the luxurious vehicle as I approached it. He opened the passenger door for me as he looked back at me with a small smile. He chuckled at seeing my face and shook his head.

"No, this is Anthony's car. He let me borrow it for the day."

I whistled lowly, passing Harry as I climbed into the passenger seat. He closed the door behind me and jogged around the front of the car, pausing to look both ways of the street before walking to his door and hopping inside. I observed the inside, the smell of new leather filling my nostrils when I took a glance at the nice stereo. "This car is nice as hell."

"Right? Apparently it was a graduation present."

"Lucky him." I mused and Harry nodded, slipping the keys into the ignition and turning on the left hand signal.

"I'm actually thinking of getting a car." He shared before quickly swerving into the street. I watched him lick his lips, one hand holding the steering wheel while the other reached up to push his shortened hair back.

"What happened to your car from back home?"

"Mum uses it now," He said, quickly glancing at me before staring back at the road. "She couldn't really drive before so we didn't have to worry about sharing. But now that she's all better she needed a car too so I just left it with her."

"Ah," I nodded in understanding, crossing one leg over the other as I looked out the window to see the pedestrians on the sidewalk when we stopped at a red light. "Do you know what kind of car you want?"

"I don't know. There's a few I like, the Dodge Durango, Ford Explorer, Ford Expedition, GMC Terrain." He shrugged. "This one is nice too. But it all depends on what I can afford. I'm still looking into it."

I nodded, reaching over to fiddle with the radio. "I'm surprised Anthony let you borrow his car."

"I was too. But he offered and I did need it, with where I'm taking you and all."

My eyes slid over to him to see a smirk pulling on his lips, eyes filled with amusement as he stared ahead of us. I sent a glare at the side of his face and he laughed as if he could feel it. "You suck for not telling me."

"I'm just trying to be cute with surprising you." He smiled, quickly looking over at me when he reached for my hand. Intertwining our fingers together and bringing them up to his mouth, turning the back of my hand towards him and placing a quick kiss to it. "Patience, love."

"Can you at least tell me how long the drive is?"

"About an hour."

I mentally tried to picture a map of New York in my head but I hadn't lived in the city long enough to know it that well. Chewing on my lip, I tilted my head and watched as Harry merged onto the freeway. I watched the city become smaller in the rearview mirror and squinted my eyes in thought. "So...we're going somewhere away from the city." I stated in observation and Harry briefly looked at me with a frown. He grunted in response and I smiled, knowing I got it right.