Forty-nine

I got His Hostage printed into a book for my mom as her Mother's Day present using self press at Barnes & noble and I'm in love with how it turned out. My mom suggested I give the idea of actually publishing my book some serious thought and I'm looking into it. Turns out, it can be done so I think I might do it! I'd change the characters name of course. But would any of you actually buy it if it was at a Barnes & noble near you? Just curious!😊

Anyway, enjoy the chapter

* * * * * * * * *

Turns out, he wasn't kidding when he said he'd carry my ass out of here if he had to.

I stood there against the wall, waiting for him like he told me to. But he left me there, waiting for half an hour and as I've said before, I'm not a patient person. And I was getting hungry. So, annoyed that he was taking forever I had set off to go find a vending machine. I knew there was nothing out where the fight had taken place so I prompted for going into the room Harry had disappeared in minutes ago.

It wasn't all that different from the hallway, except it was bigger and there were several doors that lead into other rooms. One of them was wide open at the end of the hall, right next to the vending machine that was calling my name. Discreetly, I tried to sneak past the doorway without being seen but out of instinct, my gaze fell onto the people in the room as I passed.

The announcer, a man I didn't recognize, and Harry crowded around a desk but as if feeling my presence, all three pairs of eyes darted to me. Mine widened at being caught and I instantly looked to Harry, who looked downright pissed to see me. If it weren't for the two other men standing beside him, I would of sneered at him for looking at me that way. I was his girlfriend, not his next fucking opponent. R-E-S-P-E-C-T, bitch.

I refrained from flipping him off and instead pointed lamely at the vending machine, ignoring the set of eyes on me as I walked towards it. Taking the change from my pocket, I pushed them into the machine before punching in the number that would get me a bag of small vanilla wafers. I watched in anticipation as it dropped and bent down, sticking my hand into the slot to retrieve it. When I stood back up, I wasn't even surprised to see Harry's reflection in the glass of the vending machine. I arched my eyebrow when I saw him standing behind me, holding his eye in the reflection as I noisily and deliberately opened the bag of wafers.

Sticking my fingers in the bag, I popped one in my mouth as the sound of the cookie crunching in my mouth echoed around us. Carelessly, I turned around to face Harry then with an arched eyebrow. "Yes?"

"I thought I fucking told you to wait for me in the hallway." He muttered in annoyance and I stuck another cookie in my mouth as a response. He scowled.

"I did, for thirty fucking minutes. And then I got hungry." I said with a mouthful and he shook his head. Maybe I was being childish but I'm pissed as fuck and him bossing me around was turning me into a stubborn ten year old. "What?"

"So you decide to come scavenging the place for food? Even though I told you this place isn't exactly safe?"

"Is that why you left me alone for a half hour?" I asked, blinking innocently when he narrowed his eyes at me. "Look at me like that one more time and you'll be jerking yourself off the next several weeks. I wear the pants, babe."

His nostrils flared and my mouth pulled into a smug smirk as I brought another cookie to my mouth. Holding his eye challengingly when he stayed quiet. I expected him to listen, but my triumphant smirk fell away in an instant when he snatched my bag of vanilla wafers out of my hands and threw it aimlessly on the floor. My mouth dropped in disbelief, and before I could start cussing his ass out, he bent down and threw me over his shoulder. I gasped at how quick it happened, my hands clutching the fabric of his t-shirt on his back. I hung upside down, the blood instantly rushing to my head as he held onto my legs.