Chapter One // New Beginnings

TRIGGER WARNING! //

This story contains ;

- Abuse

- Grief

~~ 8:00am, The 11th Of September 2016 ~~

- Elizabeth's POV -

My suitcase wouldn't close properly because I had packed my whole bedroom inside of it, I think I was afraid to forget anything so instead I just brought EVERYTHING that I own. I sat on top of my suitcase, jumped on it and threw things at it to try and get it to close.

"Hurry up Elizabeth! We have to leave now!" My mum shouts while knocking on my door, I sighed loudly and began kissing all of my teddy bears goodbye. I had never felt more anxious in my life, imagine your parents wanting to get rid of you for a whole year? When they brought the boarding school idea up the first thing I said was no but of course parents get everything they want at the end of the day.

I messaged all of my friends telling them I was leaving now, I told them to enjoy their freedom and that they better feel sorry for me.

"Love you Eff, You'll do great at this posh place xx"

"Don't forget about us when you make cool new rich friends, love u<3"

"Sorry who are you?? I've forgot about you already;)"

I quickly fixed my hair in the mirror and put on my thick black glasses, I felt confident in the way I looked today but that didn't change the fact that I would be living in a new place with six hundred other bitchy girls.

I dragged my heavy suitcase down the stairs as some of my jumpers fell out and landed on the steps, my sister Emily had suddenly appeared at the bottom of the stairs with an excited grin on her face.

"What are you doing here? Not like I don't want you here or anything, you just never visit" I told her nervously while fixing my suitcase again, she took it from my hands and helped me close it.

"I have to say goodbye of course! I got out of class early for this, you're important to me" Emily explained, I thanked her and then mum and dad approached us. Emily is twenty years old and she is training to be a doctor, she is extremely intelligent. My parents take so much pride in her and she is all they talk about, this is the main reason I am being sent away to a posh boarding school.

"You have to become a doctor like your sister"

"You have to do well and get straight A's"

"You are smart and you can do better"

..Their voices play over and over in my head.

"Alright! It's time to go!" Dad shouted happily, I rolled my eyes and we all headed out to the car. Emily helped me put my heavy suitcase in the boot of the car, I stopped what I was doing and looked at my mum who was opening the car door.

"Mum, where is Lui? Why hasn't he came to say goodbye?" I asked her with a frown, she glanced at me and then got into the car.

"He is a disappointment, a failure and a waste of space.. That's why" She answered in a disgusted tone, I lowered my head before hearing my name being called at the gate of our garden.

"Effie! Effie it's me!" Lui shouts while waving his hands in the air, I dropped my handbag and sprinted towards him before giving him the biggest hug ever. I could feel the glares of anger from my parents.

"Thank you so much for coming" I said to my brother as he repeatedly kissed my forehead, I had an incredible friendship with him even if our parents refused me to spend time with him.