Chapter Nineteen // The Shock Of Cold Water

- Elizabeth's POV -

I lay upside down on my bed in the empty boarding house, almost everybody was out being social except for me. I would rather spend my time talking to my brother on the phone, I couldn't describe how much I was missing him.

"I have something really shit to tell you.." Lui said on the phone, I sat up properly and immediately expected the worst.

"It was auntie Angie's fortieth birthday party a few days ago and the whole family were there.. Including me, mum and dad" Lui explained, I rolled my eyes and knew exactly what was coming out of this story.

"Did they do something to you?!" I asked angrily interrupting him.

"Well, when they saw me mum demanded that auntie Angie should kick me out of the party and that I wasn't welcome there. Auntie Angie refused so then mum spat in my face saying I was tearing the family apart and I had ruined everything, they left in a huff" Lui finished the horrific story, I felt like smashing my bedroom window. My parents are the worst, they put Lui through hell and it isn't fair.

"They can't treat you like this any longer it's not cool. What if me and Emily were gay too?! Would they abandon us?!" I shouted angrily down the phone, Lui began to laugh.

"Is that you secretly coming out to me Eff? If it is I'm not surprised" He muttered, I instantly shut up and blushed.

"Wow, no" I said defensively. We said our goodbyes a minute later and I told him to stay safe, knowing that my parents hated him so much I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to jeopardise things for him.

I got up for the first time today and decided to wander around the empty corridors, knowing nobody was here made me happy. I could sing and dance up and down the halls without being judged. I skipped along with a smile on my face until I got to the stairs which brought me to the reception.

I stood still for a moment before hearing the TV in the common room, I walked towards the entrance and saw Priya sitting alone eating a cereal bar. Why is she here by herself? I could ask myself the same question..

I opened the door into the common room and it creaked, Priya looked over at me and smiled slightly. I entered the room and began wandering around while humming to myself.

"Why aren't you out with Ashley and Carrie-Anne?" I asked her trying to make conversation. She muted the TV and turned to me, I sat down on the separate chair facing the sofa.

"They were walking down the country road to a village, I can't really deal with roads.." Priya said while stuffing her face with another cereal bar, I watched her in confusion. She realised what she said to me and then turned away as if she didn't want any further discussion on the topic.

"Well I was about to go on a walk, do you want to join me? You only have to cross one road" I asked her with a grin on my face, she glanced over at me again before nodding. Priya got up from the sofa, put her shoes on and then we left the boarding house.

Amber told me that there was a field not far from the boarding house, she said it was a nice place to relax. I decided we could go there, Priya seems like she needs to get out into the fresh air anyways.

We walked down the path silently until we came to the road, I looked over at Priya who was staring down at the tarmac with a terrified expression on her face. I reached over and took her hand gently in mine, she looked up at me and smiled.

We crossed the road safely and then she instantly let go of my hand, I began to lead the way to the field. It was a beautiful day outside and I regretted wearing skinny jeans, Priya was in a huge tee which looked like a dress on her. She was adorable.