Chapter Two // Plaits And Striped Shirts

~~~ 8:45am, The 11th Of September 2016 ~~~

- Amber's POV -

"GOAL!!!!!" My brothers shouted while jumping on each other and pulling their shirts off, I stared at them weirdly before continuing on with my notebook. I had created a bunch of characters and gave them the greatest personalities to keep me company if I ever felt anxious in the boarding school. I really wasn't looking forward to the day ahead but it's what I signed up for, I can't be away from my best friend again.

"A boys only den, I can see it now" Luke said while staring up at the sky and smiling, now I know why I want to get away so badly.

"Where would we make that Luke?" Nick asked him while dribbling the ball.

"Amber's room? Duh!" He shouted, I stomped my foot to get their attention and when I did I shook my head slowly.

"If any of you touch my room while I'm gone I will kill you" I said seriously while pointing at Luke in particular. My brothers acted like they were still five years old when in reality they were fifteen, seventeen and eighteen.

Nick is fifteen and he is like Luke's pet, he does anything that Luke says. It's sad that he looks up to his older brother so much but Luke just uses him as a slave.

Richard is seventeen, he is the anti social quiet one who sits in his bedroom playing video games all day, he hasn't even said goodbye to me yet. Luke also annoys him as well as me, he thinks he is the best because he is technically an adult now.

And Luke, eighteen and still annoying.

I continued writing as I waited for my best friend, Elijah. There is a boys boarding school right next to the girls boarding school and that's where Elijah has been for the last year. In the last year I was extremely isolated and sad because I couldn't see him, he is my only friend. So instead of living another year without him I decided to do amazing in school just so I could get into the boarding school next to him, friendship goals or what?

Elijah is incredibly smart and overly beautiful, he is the type of person you would read about in books or see in movies. We have been best friends since the beginning, he used to live closer to me when we were little but then he moved.

"Elijah is here!" Nick shouted, I looked up from my notebook and instantly smiled at the freckled angel approaching me.

"You're late! We're going to miss the train!" I shouted in a panic, Elijah rolled his eyes and held his hand out to me. I said goodbye to my brothers before my mums car pulled into the drive way. She literally jumped out of the car and sprinted towards me, she was flustered.

"I got here as fast as I could, I love you alright?!" She said while smothering me, Elijah watched while laughing and so did my brothers.

My mum has a lot on her plate, she is a single parent with four teenagers living under her roof. She is the most hardworking person I know and I'm thankful for her.

"I love you too mum, we have to go now" I said while pulling away from her, she nodded and we ran down the street to catch our train. The train station was empty this early but we should've been at the boarding school by now, Elijah really likes to take his time.

Today he was wearing his usual red and white striped top with a red beanie on to match, he looked like Where's Wally. I was dressed in my favourite black dungarees and a plain yellow top underneath, my blue hair was in two plaits and I felt very cute.

We hopped on the train as soon as it arrived and found a two seater on the other side of the train so we could admire the forest which was right beside the village I lived in, the forest was me and Elijah's childhood. When we were younger we spent hours running around it with mud on our faces pretending to catch dragons and any other crazy creature you could think of. Elijah looked across the train seats at me and smiled, he knew that I was reminiscing while staring out the window.