Chapter Eighteen // Confessions

- Amber's POV -

Finally the first weekend at Middleway's Boarding School was here, Elijah planned to take me to the closest town for a shopping day. His friends are still convinced that me and him are dating which is really awkward, they refuse to intrude our 'dates'.

On the weekends everybody was allowed to leave the boarding school grounds, there was a bus stop down the road from the school and a train station half an hours walk away. I tried to ignore the fact that the transport was going to be very busy considering everybody from the boys and girls boarding house would be going places, luckily having Elijah by my side always calmed me down.

We ran down the country road as the bus was already at the stop, people were getting on and it looked pretty crowded. Elijah had made us late once again, he is too relaxed and laid back about everything.

"Hurry up!" I shouted while sprinting in front of him, I made it to the line just in time before the bus would drive off without us. Elijah finally caught up and we got on and paid for our day ticket.

Elijah pushed passed me and climbed the stairs on the bus, he was going to decide where we would sit. I followed after him and then realised how busy the bus really was until Elijah hurried to the back of the bus and sat down beside Jade, he is too friendly. They began to chat and then Jade glanced at me and smirked slightly, I sighed and joined them as the bus drove off.

"Where are you off to?" Elijah asked Jade, she shrugged her shoulders.

"I just wanted out of that hell hole for a bit, what about you guys?" She asked.

"We're going into town to shop" I told her, Elijah began jumping around as if he had a great idea.

"You should join us! You have no plans anyways" He said to Jade, she accepted and I wanted to scream. I could already feel the tension between me and Jade and our day had barely started, this was going to be an interesting trip.

The bus stopped after ten minutes and everybody got off, the town was really busy and that's when Elijah knew to hold my hand. Jade glanced down at me and Elijah's hands and looked away with anger, I smiled widely and began walking into the busy town.

There was every shop you could ever dream of, I was determined to buy new dungarees and something cute I could send to my mum. Me and Elijah wouldn't stop talking about random things like we always do, we were picking clothes out for each other and being weird as Jade followed after us with a gloomy expression on her face.

"Can we go get lunch? I'm starving" Jade complained as I admired the bright yellow crop top I was trying on, Elijah agreed and then we headed to the closest cafe.

We all got sandwiches, cute cupcakes and orange juice. The weather was beautiful outside so instead of sitting in a cramped cafe we decided to find a peaceful place to sit in the sun. Jade found a bench beside a lake right outside the town and we claimed it before anybody else did.

There was nobody around by the lake so Elijah played the charts radio on his phone as we ate, I hummed to the music and Elijah danced around like an idiot. I felt like Jade wasn't enjoying our day out one bit, she had an angry expression since we got off the bus.

Jade began to grin out of no where, she stared directly at me for a minute before biting into her sandwich and talking with her mouth full.

"So why did you choose Middleway's? Have you always wanted to go to a boarding school?" Jade asked me while tilting her head, I laughed nervously. I hate telling people the reason I came to this school, they probably think I can't take care of myself and that I'm too attached to Elijah.