Chapter Six // Jade

~~~ The 4th Of June 2016 ((three months ago)) ~~~

- Jade's POV -

"Hurry up! They're going to catch us!" Rosie shouted while grabbing my hand and sprinting down the street, the boys were slightly ahead of us but they slowed down to make sure we didn't lose them. The police were on our tail, they had torches and were shouting at us telling us to stop and show our faces. We hurried down pitch black alley ways to avoid being caught and eventually we got away from them.

We continued to run just in case they were tricking us but after ten minutes we finally stopped and collapsed to the ground to rest. Todd, Curtis, Ross and Rosie were my best friends and the craziest people I have ever known, we do everything together. Ross opened the vodka and took out the cigarettes that we had stolen from the garage.

"Well done guys" He said while lighting the cigarette, I snatched the lighter from him and lit everybody else's. The cigarette lighter was red and had an 'R' engraved into it, I stared at Ross weirdly as he downed the vodka and my other friends chanted his name.

Ross was my closest friend in the group, he was 'hardcore' but resembled a puppy on the inside. He played so many instruments but he was really good at guitar. I trusted him more than anybody on this earth, to me he was the happiest person I knew and he always had his life figured out.

"What's wrong with you grumpy?" Rosie asked me while nudging my side, I looked at her and laughed.

Rosie was an utter badass, she didn't care what anybody thought of her. She was training to be a professional boxer and would beat you up if you crossed her. She always had stuff going on and so many girls in school hated her because she liked to embarrass them but deep down she was a nice person.

"Nothing?" I said while over thinking what we just did, I was terrified. We rob shops every weekend now and somehow never get caught, I knew deep down someday we would get caught and it would ruin everything. I didn't want to rob helpless people trying to run a business, I felt like an awful person for doing so.

Curtis and Todd began to dance around the little field we were sitting in, they cheered and pretended to ball room dance. Why am I friends with these idiots?

Curtis was also a good friend of mine but we have had tension between us since last year when we dated for a brief time and then I realised I was a lesbian. I secretly think he still has feelings for me..

Todd is the quietest person I know and he loves his music, he doesn't go a second without playing his favourite songs and singing along to every lyric. He knows how to make us all happy even when we are feeling crap.

My phone was being repeatedly messaged by my anxious mother who hated when I stayed out late especially on a school night. We only had one week left until summer time so I didn't care, the last week of school consists of movies and free periods.

"It is 2:00am and you have school tomorrow! Please call me!"

I rolled my eyes while staring down at the messages she was sending me, Ross snatched my phone from my hands and giggled slightly.

"Your mum is the weirdest person ever, you're sixteen years old now.. You can do what you like" Ross said as he lit another cigarette with his lighter.

"She doesn't think so, I should get home before she has a panic attack over me" I muttered before getting up off the wet grass and putting my hood up. I said goodbye to my friends and finished my cigarette before heading home.

My mum has an anxiety and panic disorder so when I 'act up' it really affects her, I feel bad that I do this but I don't want my life to revolve around looking after her because that will make me miserable.