Chapter Thirty Four // This Is Love

~~~ The 2nd Of February 2015 ((One year and six months ago)) ~~~

- Sydney's POV -

"Where is my red strapless top?!" I shouted while rushing around me and my mums tiny apartment, the place was a mess and we couldn't be bothered to tidy it up. Priya told me to get dressed up and wait for a message in the evening from her, I was determined to look gorgeous.

"Why are you so stressed about this date Sydney? You have only been together for two months" Mum shouted from the kitchen, I rummaged through my clothes and finally found the red top I was searching for.

I walked through the apartment and got to the kitchen before sitting down at the table beside my mum, she finished her cigarette and then stared at me.

"I love Priya, that's why" I whispered before grinning, my mum rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly. I gasped at her reaction and brought my hand to my chest.

"Don't laugh, this is serious. I know what love is" I told her seriously, she leaned back in her chair and folded her arms.

"Love is.. Seeing beauty in somebody who hasn't showered for three days, still kissing them when they're sick in bed. Fighting all day but still feeling the love for them burning in your chest, watching them do goofy things and adoring every moment. Putting them before yourself, making sure they are safe and happy at all times. Going on crazy adventures and telling each other every single secret, not judging each other for past mistakes. Love is passion, happiness, increased heartbeats and trust. A lot of trust"

My mum just stared at me wide eyed, she got up and kissed my forehead before leaving the kitchen. I looked down at my shaking hands, I was unaware of how nervous I was while spilling my heart out to my own mother.

Suddenly my phone buzzed and it was a message from Priya, I smiled while opening it up.

"Meet me in the local park at 8pm<3"

The park? I thought we would be going to a fancy restaurant or the cinema. It was 7:30pm so I began to put on my make up and curl my hair for our big date at.. the park. My mum offered to drive me there because it was already dark outside and sort of chilly, she kept joking that I had made a big thing out of love but in reality we were just going to sit in a park.

When we arrived at the gate of the park it was silent and in darkness, was the park closed for the day? Did Priya mess up our date? I decided to get out of the car and look around to see if she was there, as soon as I stepped out of the car the whole park lit up.

Every tree had fairy lights tangled in them and there were candles travelling down the pathway which would bring me to the park, I covered my mouth in shock and my mum began to laugh.

"She's a keeper.. Have fun!" Mum shouted as she drove off, I waved to her until the car had disappeared. I stared down the pathway for a minute or two because I couldn't see Priya anywhere, I figured I should follow the candles which were lighting up the way.

I walked along the path while grinning at the pretty trees surrounding me, I felt like I was in a fantasy land and I was the princess. When I finally reached the end of the pathway I spotted Priya standing on a huge white blanket and around the blanket were more candles. She had a picnic basket sitting on the blanket where she was standing.

We both just stared at each other for a few minutes with huge smiles on our faces until I decided to run towards her and jump into her arms. Priya fell onto the blanket when I jumped on her, we laughed loudly and kissed each other (which was our usual hello).

"You did all of this for me?" I asked her, she nodded and smiled.

"Of course I did, it's all for you" Priya told me. She looked absolutely beautiful, she was in a long white silk dress and her hair was plaited. We both lay down on the blanket together and watched the stars in the sky, they were extra bright on this special night.

We spent hours talking to each other about silly things, watching the stars and also eating the sweets Priya had packed in the picnic basket.

As we lay there watching the stars I glanced up at her face, she had her eyes closed and a never ending grin. It's crazy how much love I feel for her in such a sort time, we have only been dating for two months and I'm already crazy about her.

I've been having a hard time lately, me and my mum got kicked out of our house because she lost her job so now we live in a really bad place in a cramped apartment. Being removed from our family home was scary, I was terrified that we would be homeless but then I spent just an hour with Priya and she made me forget about all my worries and stress. She gives me hope in the worst times, she's the hand to hold when I'm scared and the one who loves me when I'm broken. I really love her.

Priya opened her eyes and looked over at me, she caught me watching her. She began to giggle loudly before pulling me close and kissing me, I smiled widely in the middle of the kiss.

"Why did you do all this for me? I don't deserve it" I asked her, she rolled her eyes at me.

"You deserve happiness, I want to make you happy" Priya answered, my thoughts suddenly drifted to something crazy. Should I tell her that I love her?! I opened my mouth to say it but then stopped myself. No! I have to do this!

"Priya, I-" My mind went blank, Priya stared at me waiting for the rest of my sentence to spill from my mouth but there was nothing to say. Why can't I tell her?

"I.. really like these sweets" I said while grabbing a handful of gummy bears and shoving them in my mouth, Priya laughed at me and then got up from where she was lying.

I just want to know if Priya feels the same way, if she did then we could get more intimate. We would be so much closer and it would be amazing.. Maybe I'm rushing into this. I've just never felt a love this strong before, she is the one.

"Let's dance!" Priya shouted happily, she grabbed my phone and put on slow music for us to sway to. She pulled me close and we slow danced for a while, it was very romantic. I watched her hum to the music.

She is the one. The one I want to marry and spend my life with, the one who would never do me wrong, the one I can depend on. I'm determined to be with her until the day I die.

After we danced for a while Priya began to yawn, she rested her head on my shoulder as we continued to sway back and forth.

"We can watch the stars again, you seem sleepy" I whispered to her, she nodded and I turned off the music. We cuddled and watched the stars until falling asleep, accidentally of course. We definitely shouldn't have went to sleep in the park.

The next day I woke up to chirping birds and Priya still snoring on my chest, I sat up slowly and kissed her forehead before checking my phone to see that it was 10:00am on a MONDAY. We had school!

I had received a message from Carrie-Anne, I opened it and began to laugh loudly which woke up Priya.

"Where the fuck are you and Priya?! She told me you went out to a house party last night, did you go home with a boy?! I hope not. You're in trouble xx"

I showed Priya and she laughed with me. We grabbed the picnic basket filled with sweets, took each others hand and began running around the park together like two idiots (we are idiots).